Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   25/50 TPTK vs tay (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=418894)

NoahSD 06-07-2007 11:18 AM

Re: 25/50 TPTK vs tay

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

i shoved (intention behind it was a bluff) and taylor timed down and called with JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Sucks that he had to have the exact hand to let you know your bluff was no good.

This spot really sucks. First instinct was to call turn/fold river.. but that's awful because he'll probably bet the river with anything he bets the turn with except probly check/call JJ/QQ.

Shove is a cool idea, but hard to argue for it after seeing the actual results.

So it's between call/call and call/fold IMHO. Really depends on his preflop range a lot cause some guys have a 4 or JJ+ way more often than others here. I think it's probly just a fold.

MDMA 06-07-2007 11:34 AM

I have no idea of what everyone (even Krantz) is smoking when they call this push a bluff/intended it to be a bluff.

There is 0% chance that ANY better hand ever folds here (which still doesn't mean the push is bad, for other reasons), how can you guys not see that?

NoahSD 06-07-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea of what everyone (even Krantz) is smoking when they call this push a bluff/intended it to be a bluff.

There is 0% chance that ANY better hand ever folds here (which still doesn't mean the push is bad, for other reasons), how can you guys not see that?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think JJ is a tough call here?

MDMA 06-07-2007 04:12 PM

No.

Ship Ship McGipp 06-07-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither.

ike 06-07-2007 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JJ is instacall w/ fistpumping here.

Ansky 06-07-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Taylor is betting JJ, it very likely is because he expects that he can profitably call a push.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 06-07-2007 10:30 PM

guys,

pushing as a bluff here is pretty goofy since you should never have a king.