Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Fun w/ ATs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554847)

The Dude 11-26-2007 03:21 PM

Fun w/ ATs

Bellagio 30-60

Opponents are standard chumps.

Preflop:
The Dude raises A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in EMP. Folded to the button who calls, both blinds call.

Flop: (8 SBs) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 Players)</font>
Check, check, The Dude checks. Button bets, SB folds, BB raises. The Dude calls, button folds.

Turn: (6.5 BBs) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 Players)</font>
BB bets, The Dude calls.

River: (8.5 BBs) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, The Dude checks.

BadBigBabar 11-26-2007 03:31 PM

Re: Fun w/ ATs

hi dude, i think i would find a fold on the flop when it's two back to us.

StrictlyStrategy 11-26-2007 03:35 PM

Bet the flop.

piggity 11-26-2007 03:38 PM

What hands are you giving the BB that you can't bet that river? And given that range, why are you calling the turn?

I would also lead the flop, but fold for two as played.

bdaddy 11-26-2007 03:45 PM

I c-bet this flop 3 handed 100%.

andyfox 11-26-2007 04:02 PM

"What hands are you giving the BB that you can't bet that river? And given that range, why are you calling the turn?"

It's a question of what hands BB will call that scary river card with. Many players will check-call with two pair or a set here but fold what had been top pair on the turn.

On the turn, the Dude has as many as 10 outs and there's even a chance he has the best hand unimproved.

andyfox 11-26-2007 04:03 PM

What's c-bet?

StrictlyStrategy 11-26-2007 04:10 PM

Continuation bet.

What does button have here? Small pocket pair? Anything else?

piggity 11-26-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On the turn, the Dude has as many as 10 outs and there's even a chance he has the best hand unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

While this is true, isn't it reasonable to put a lot of weight on hands like 89 and A8 in BB's range, which makes it a much tougher call?

mongidig 11-26-2007 04:54 PM

Just curious how many outs you guys think you have here. I would calcualte between 5-6. I say 1 out for the backdoor flush, 3 outs for the gutshot(discounting for the fact that it is a one card draw and it is not to the nuts. Against a bigger field I may discount this draw even further.) I would say about 2 outs for the overcard draw.

I would bet this flop especially since it is obvious you had no intentions of folding to a raise back to you.

As played, I would have to be there and know the players involved to have an idea of whether I want to continue on the turn or not.

I think I check this river since it looks like BB could have a two pair hand the ten slowed down especially since he intended to checkraise you on the flop for what appears to be value. He also could have a nine.