Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Probably the weakest ive ever played a big flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307829)

thatpfunk 01-17-2007 03:51 AM

Probably the weakest ive ever played a big flop

Villian in this hand is rslahh on p*. I have some hands on him as an aggro ~40/20 but he doesn't seem retarded by any means. I think hes a regular. i normally get it all in on the flop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($432)
UTG ($237)
MP ($232.45)
Hero ($507.15)
Button ($135.10)
SB ($198)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $8, MP calls $8.

Flop: ($33) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $10</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $40</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $80</font>, Hero calls $40.

Turn: ($193) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $147 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $340

Casper05 01-17-2007 03:59 AM

Re: Probably the weakest ive ever played a big flop

I think its fine...he has 22 or KJ here almost always I think.

Oct0puz 01-17-2007 04:23 AM

Against 22,KJ you have 41% equity. With that much equity and such a big pot I think the best play is to push on the flop.

ronaldann 01-17-2007 04:40 AM

I think flop is OK. You need to call turn here though, as I think he's on some kind of draw very often A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] especially comes to mind.

thatpfunk 01-17-2007 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think flop is OK. You need to call turn here though, as I think he's on some kind of draw very often A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] especially comes to mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think i ever see ATcc here. people dont think they have much FE vs me, generally.

Oct0puz 01-17-2007 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we are going to call the turn bet, there is absolutely no idea just calling on the flop. And I doubt he has A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] because he only minraised on the flop.

ronaldann 01-17-2007 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we are going to call the turn bet, there is absolutely no idea just calling on the flop. Especially if he could have hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], which I doubt because he only minraised on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I meant is that calling flop is OK if you also call turn (it's a blank). When Villain RR turn to 80 he's committing himself. So a push is obv better as his range include all kinds of draws, some of which you actually beat when they hit (weaker flushes).

As played I don't fold turn, but I might have gotten it all wrong.

Wools 01-17-2007 05:07 AM

I hate when this happens and I have to fold turn. hate. hate. hate. that being said, I usually dont know what to do on flop either because we're behind the range with which he calls a push(you said he's not retarded).

I've played with you a little bit at nl1 and I definitely wouldnt be l/c'ing pf utg with any suited ace(barring reads on the other players), but I'm not a 40/20 and villain is probably much better postflop than I am. Even a 20/15 nit is opening ATs utg. I think ATcc is safely out of his range given pf.

I think I also fold turn here knowing only a club saves me, though Q's might be clean also.

Oct0puz 01-17-2007 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we are going to call the turn bet, there is absolutely no idea just calling on the flop. Especially if he could have hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], which I doubt because he only minraised on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I meant is that calling flop is OK if you also call turn (it's a blank). When Villain RR turn to 80 he's committing himself. So a push is obv better as his range include all kinds of draws, some of which you actually beat when they hit (weaker flushes).

As played I don't fold turn, but I might have gotten it all wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the thing is that I don't that think that villain has any draw because he made such a light reraise. The natural play would be to just shove. So if we push we get to see both streets and also get paid of when we hit. If villain has a made hand the optimal play for him, given that he knows our hand, is to wait for a blank turn card and then push all-in with a big enough bet so we don't have odds to call.

thatpfunk 01-17-2007 06:23 AM

"If villain has a made hand the optimal play for him, given that he knows our hand, is to wait for a blank turn card and then push all-in with a big enough bet so we don't have odds to call. "

very few villians are folding if i hit a club.