Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   How is my River "Blocking" bet? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=96216)

Big TR 04-24-2006 10:09 PM

How is my River \"Blocking\" bet?

Villian is a LAG, 45/25/2.5. $2 raises were either taking the blinds or making it heads-up. I donked the flop without thinking, so punt that part.

Should I have bet more, less, or about right?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 handed) CP hand converter

CO ($110.94)
Button ($65.71)
SB ($15.65)
Hero ($59.45)
UTG ($52.90)
MP ($98.96)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, SB folds.

Flop: ($5.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, CO calls $3.

Turn: ($17.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($17.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>

Edited to say I goofed the flop. (playing too many tables.)

Dan Bitel 04-24-2006 10:12 PM

Re: How is my River \"Blocking\" bet?

this ENTIRE hand makes me wonna puke

Gobgogbog 04-24-2006 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lies! You know you like the preflop action

edit: I lead the flop. Then I lead the turn. And I have no clue why you think the river is a blocking bet. Actually I think you just posted the wrong hand accidentally.

editedit: Or you mean you want it to look like a blocking bet? Meh, I don't like that at all.

viper930 04-24-2006 10:18 PM

pf - raise to 2.5
lead flop &amp; 3 bet if raised
as played, lead turn

as played, ew.

Duck Rabbit 04-24-2006 10:18 PM

Blocking Bet??? Have I been using this term incorrectly? I thought a blocking bet is when you make a smallish bet with a somewhat marginal hand so that you don't have to make a big call on the river to see if your hand is good? If I'm correct, how is this a blocking bet, as you have the stone cold nuts?

Anyway, about the hand...I would bet the flop. If he raised, I would reraise. As you played it, I probably would have check raised more than the min raise, and definitely bet the turn.

So...am I wrong about what I think a blocking bet is, cuz this doesn't qualify as one to me???

Big TR 04-24-2006 10:23 PM

Yes. I wanted to make it look like a blocking bet.

After the turn I was then hoping he would catch up on the river.

Dan Bitel 04-24-2006 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lies! You know you like the preflop action

[/ QUOTE ]

WRONG!!! he didnt raise enough!!!

OP, please bet more everywhere

Big TR 04-24-2006 11:12 PM

As I said, anything larger than $2 would have pry gotten folds. I want action with AQs, no?

I know I goofed the flop.

Why bet turn with the nuts? Why not let him catch up on the river?

Dan Bitel 04-24-2006 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As I said, anything larger than $2 would have pry gotten folds. I want action with AQs, no?

I know I goofed the flop.

Why bet turn with the nuts? Why not let him catch up on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, still raise more pf

on the turn, if he has a flush draw, its OBVIOUSLY better to bet the turn, you see why? And what other hands can he "catch up" with

ajmargarine 04-24-2006 11:18 PM

I loathe every street.

But to answer the title question: Players at this level don't know what a blocking bet is, and you Never get a raise just because you make an obvious blocking bet. Save the fake blocking bets for NL600.

Plus, this isn't a blocking bet situation anyway. It would be if a club hit and you had AK.