Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   $115 NLTRN 66 gets shoved on 1st hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509162)

DDBeast 09-25-2007 03:54 PM

$115 NLTRN 66 gets shoved on 1st hand

1st hand
I raise 3bb w/ 66.
Villain shoves.
hero...

xSCWx 09-25-2007 04:09 PM

Re: $115 NLTRN 66 gets shoved on 1st hand

Fold. Most hands are a toss up here, but if he has a PP you are [censored].

Villains like this tend to suck pretty hard anyways, probably +EV to try to play out a real match against him.

Indiana 09-25-2007 04:28 PM

ddbeast, i used to instacall with this hand....but i've found that bad players like to push big hands early when I raise so i stopped. I fold.

jay_shark 09-25-2007 05:53 PM

Yes you should fold , but I would call if I had 88+ .

If I guess that my hands wins more than 53% of the time against villains range , then I'm calling fast .

hockeyf 09-26-2007 06:27 PM

He is obviously a donk, so "fold and wait for a better spot"

Soupy 09-26-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I guess that my hands wins more than 53% of the time against villains range , then I'm calling fast .

[/ QUOTE ]

why, unless you think that you two are equal in skill you should fold and just beat him in the long run, why take a coinflip when you should be the better player?

xSCWx 09-26-2007 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why, unless you think that you two are equal in skill you should fold and just beat him in the long run, why take a coinflip when you should be the better player?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are ahead it could be more +EV for you to take a flip while you are slightly ahead and get a new match started where you could outplay them.

Soupy 09-26-2007 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are ahead it could be more +EV for you to take a flip while you are slightly ahead and get a new match started where you could outplay them.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok thankyou very much, i was only thinking in chip EV not $EV

jay_shark 09-26-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok thankyou very much, i was only thinking in chip EV not $EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Soupy , actually you were thinking in terms of win % and not $/h which is what really matters .

Lets make the hypothetical assumption that your win rate is 60% and you average 15 minutes for each sng in the $100+$5 games . You profit 200*0.6-105=15/sng . This is equivalent to about $60/h .

If you call on the first hand as a 53% favorite , then you will profit 200*0.53-105=1/sng . Even if the hand took 1 minute , you will be averaging the same amount !!

The hand should take even less than a minute to complete which means you've improved your $/h while decreasing your win rate for this specific situation .

Soupy 09-26-2007 10:12 PM

thankyou as well jay, i'm just a microstakes player. i understand most concepts pretty well, but theres always something to learn, this is one of those times.