Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   77 Blind Battle (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=492938)

SuperWhale 09-03-2007 08:48 PM

77 Blind Battle

No real reads on BB so far, seems like an average player (only about 10 hands)

I figured I would b/f turn then check and call a spade river, c/f any other.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks.

Results:
Final pot: 5BB

Turn Prophet 09-03-2007 08:52 PM

Re: 77 Blind Battle

Seems like a reasonable line to me, but I'm glad as hell he doesn't bet the river. He might have a hand like A5/A6 with the Ace of spades here, but I don't see anything other than a 5 or 6 we can beat.

I agree with the b/f line on the turn.

milesdyson 09-03-2007 09:01 PM

i don't see anything that beats us other than 87 or 97/98 w/ a spade. bet the river, laugh as 33, A5 or 76 calls.

SuperWhale 09-03-2007 09:13 PM

Miles, why do you not think BB could have a weak K or Q?

Most players at this level would not necessary raise those on the turn or flop after I bet.

sweetjazz 09-03-2007 09:21 PM

This is another example of the concept that OOP sometimes it's best to bet even though you expect to be a money loser when you do bet.

For simplicity, let's assume our villain will call with any pair and maybe even some A highs if we bet. I think this is reasonable. If we check to him, what will he bet? All hands queens and better as well some of his weaker hands. They could include bluffs like 7c 4s or value bets with Ah 6c or Jh 6h.

It's very reasonable to assume he will bet enough worse hands that you should call getting 6-to-1. But what hands has bet? All the ones that beat you but only some of his worse hands that he would have called with. (Here we assume he will bluff relatively infrequently -- if he bluffs a lot, then you *should* check/call this river.) So you do worse than if you had just bet out, even if you only win the pot, say, 35-40% of the time you are called.

mscags 09-03-2007 09:28 PM

I bet the river all day long, 5s and 6s are calling here

Gurravasa 09-04-2007 06:33 AM

Bet/fold river. K and Q should have raised flop or turn and 5 and 6 will call and some Ax as well. If he raises he has probably slowplayed or catched something and he has no reason to belive that you don't have a hand so you won't get bluffraised very often. Checking river sucks without a strong read that he'll bet worse hand that he calls witch you don't have.