Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Legislation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Ron Paul was the only presidential candidate to come out for the PPA (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532048)

Sweet James 10-26-2007 04:58 PM

Ron Paul was the only presidential candidate to come out for the PPA

I really like this guy and he's behind the Poker Player's Alliance 100%. Paul believes the govenerment overstepped its bounds by regulating the internet and hampering free trade when they banned online cards. The poker players alliance made some progress in DC these past few days in trying to get this law reapealed and you can read a summary here: http://www.gambling911.com/Ron-Paul-...ce-102607.html

Vex 10-26-2007 08:47 PM

Re: Ron Paul was the only presidential candidate to come out for the P

Ron Paul is the greatest President that will never be.

Sweet James 10-27-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ron Paul is the greatest President that will never be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Name recognition and media disinformation are his two problems right now. He's got money though and is launching major ad campaings as we speak, so you might be surprised in the coming weeks.

If only half of PPA's 800,000 members just forked over $100 bucks he'd have war chest bigger than any other republicans.

STA654 10-27-2007 05:49 PM

It'd be great if Doyle Brunson endorsed Paul.

It would really boost his popularity amongst poker players.

Doyle was a republican until the online poker ban.

DeadMoneyDad 10-27-2007 07:03 PM

Re: Ron Paul was the only presidential candidate to come out for the PPA

[ QUOTE ]
I really like this guy and he's behind the Poker Player's Alliance 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jackson Lee, Sheila TX-18 is also 100% for the PPA but I'm not sure how much either help in the long run. Don't get me wrong I'll take all the suport I can find.

But....

D$D

r0eKY 10-28-2007 07:29 AM

go Ron go

Legislurker 10-28-2007 11:13 AM

Yes, lets just hitch our wagon to the looniest, nuttiest person in the race. Poker is the only issue, [censored] America, right? Recession, genocide, proliferation and Islam for all, but damnit lets vote for the poker candidate. He is an awful nice fella, but one crazy, Texan, paranoid president is enough every 32 years.

DeadMoneyDad 10-28-2007 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, lets just hitch our wagon to the looniest, nuttiest person in the race. Poker is the only issue, [censored] America, right? Recession, genocide, proliferation and Islam for all, but damnit lets vote for the poker candidate. He is an awful nice fella, but one crazy, Texan, paranoid president is enough every 32 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

How dare you speak ill of LBJ!

Them's fighting words!

D$D

gamblerNC1 10-29-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just not so. he has some radical ideas,but he is not crazy...This is what the media keeps trying to sell to the voters. Search him on the net and youtube and really listen to what has to say and you might not agree with him but I am sure you will find he is not a nut.

ktulu22 10-29-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is just not so. he has some radical ideas,but he is not crazy...This is what the media keeps trying to sell to the voters. Search him on the net and youtube and really listen to what has to say and you might not agree with him but I am sure you will find he is not a nut.

[/ QUOTE ]