Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Metal Gear Solid 4 - delayed (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535384)

Dire 10-31-2007 01:50 PM

Metal Gear Solid 4 - delayed

Konami has confirmed that MGS4 has been pushed back to quarter 2 2008.

Quarter 2 pushes its latest release target back towards the summer; one of the slowest times for gamers with publishers typically avoiding any significant releases. It will be interesting to see if they do go with this new release target. Also curious is the reasons for the delay. They're anybody's guess, but this is undoubtedly the absolute last thing Sony wanted to see.

AceLuby 10-31-2007 02:00 PM

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 - delayed

That sucks... but it seems to be the norm. I would be suprised if it was released before the start of quarter 3, but IMO, whatever it takes to make sure the game is great.

fiskebent 10-31-2007 03:23 PM

I just noticed that GTA IV is scheduled for Q2 as well. I thought they said Q1 when they realised they couldn't get it done this year.

Am I imagining that?

AceLuby 10-31-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just noticed that GTA IV is scheduled for Q2 as well. I thought they said Q1 when they realised they couldn't get it done this year.

Am I imagining that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was Q2, same w/ FF.

TheSalche 10-31-2007 04:02 PM

They'll probably keep pushing it back, similar to what has happened with Mass Effect. It'll be a key selling point for PS3's in the holiday season next year, and the closer towards the holiday's it is, the fresher it will be on the shelves especially if they keep improving it.

ADK 10-31-2007 05:12 PM

thats [censored], this is the only game im looking forward to!

4 High 10-31-2007 08:49 PM

I wonder if they will have to delay FF or MGS a little more to spread out the big 3? Don't they also have God Of War lined up for late next year as well?

toss 10-31-2007 08:56 PM

Is anyone else looking forward to GoW3 moreso than FF or MGS? We've all seen so much footage of MGS it's as if we've all played it already. I haven't enjoyed the past few FF that much, probably because the stories weren't interesting. GoW one so awesome and GoW2 just took it to a whole new level. GoW3 with next-gen graphics and resolution to the major cliff hanger is going to be awesome.

ADK 10-31-2007 11:58 PM

gow2? wtf? as in gears of war?

ADK 10-31-2007 11:59 PM

only games im looking forward to are assassins creed / metal gear solid 4.. and cod4 looks pretty good. not really a hardcore gamer but these look awsome