Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   25/50 HU, deep vs Terken river spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539592)

Ansky 11-06-2007 09:37 AM

25/50 HU, deep vs Terken river spot

I had heard terken was some euro god on non US sites, but I was curious and thought id give him a bit of action. We had been 4 tabling for like an hour or so when this hand came up. Overall I think he respects my game, and probably thought I was capable of playing lots of hands this way. I have been 3betting a fair amount of the time.

He has caught me double barreling a few times, though every 3 barrel he has either folded or called w/ a worse hand.

I realize that HU hands are very hard to comment on w/o being there and really knowing the dynamic, but I thought this was a v interesting spot.

Terken has 12.3k, and I cover.

He opens the sb to 150, I make it 550 w/ KhQh, he calls. He has not 4 bet me at all on this table (other tables we were shallower and he 4bet/called w/ QQ a couple times).

Flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] j [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I bet 750 he calls.

Turn is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet 2150 (into about 2400). He calls after thinking for ~20 seconds.

River 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He has 8900 or so left.

Pot is 6899.

I think there are 3 clear options here, all thoughts appreciated.

MDMA 11-06-2007 09:48 AM

Re: 25/50 HU, deep vs Terken river spot

I'd hit the allin button.

Ansky 11-06-2007 09:51 AM

edited, he had 8900 on the riv.

JMa 11-06-2007 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd hit the allin button.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya seriously i cant see anything but pushing here?

ahnuld 11-06-2007 10:19 AM

alot of draws missed, it doesnt seem likely that he has a draw although I could see him having something like JAdd. Problem is he might have slowplayed a monster because he would be full and doesnt care about protecting then, but I think he can put you on a lot of air if you push and will sometimes call with worse. I think that happens way more than you are beat, and I think he doesnt bluff enough on that river for checking to be correct, so shove

KRANTZ 11-06-2007 10:25 AM

all-in, he will make a beautiful call with AT

Ship Ship McGipp 11-06-2007 10:27 AM

shove

Terkman 11-06-2007 11:02 AM

nobody think you can bet less than all in here? Do you guys think I call a push with AJish often enough to be more profitable than 3/4 pot bet`?

Terkman 11-06-2007 11:07 AM

im not saying 4kish is better but it should def be an option

FiSheYe 11-06-2007 11:40 AM

I think with the given information you provided here this is a bet. Now considering the stacksizes and how other hands went to showdown I either bet the 4k+ (depends on which amounts you consider the most suspicious) or shove. I really like shoving in that spot cuz you will be called with a frequency comparable to a big river bet but more overall benefits and it it's a beautiful board for Villain to make a hero call.
C/C is another option giving your opponent room to hang himself but I think this is a spot where he might actually call your shove almost lighter than value bet those hands here. Since you have the flushdraw I doubt he will have a draw all to often so the advantage to see a bluffbet on the river decreases. Imho shove > good sized bet > c/c..
With enough metagaming/reads and stuff this could be a c/r in certain spots as well (giving us a total of 4options). Obviously we need the right circumstances and a smallish river bet but it could be an option sometimes.