Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   so i have this big pair -- nl cash (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490915)

whaahhahahah 08-31-2007 05:58 PM

so i have this big pair -- nl cash

situation came up twice in one session -- once versus an unknown who had only called one reraise (he folded the flop) and once versus a player i had history with but has not seen me do this

pretty much same stack sizes/types of flops. anyway . . .

3/6 no limit
600 stacks

i have black kk. he raises to 18. i reraise to 60. he calls.

flop (120)
T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

i shove for 540.

do you like this more versus an unknown or versus a player who you've played for awhile but hasn't see you do this? or on the other hand . . .

do you hate this more versus an unknown or versus a player who you've played for awhile but hasn't see you do this?

creedofhubris 08-31-2007 06:19 PM

Re: so i have this big pair -- nl cash

I like it better with a board where you might plausibly have ace high (three wheel cards on board)

jakeduke 08-31-2007 06:50 PM

I'm not sure who I'd like this more against, but I do have a question - what's the reasoning behind this move? To get called light? To keep mediocre draws from calling/shoving over a cbet?

whaahhahahah 08-31-2007 07:38 PM

i think JTx boards might be better than three broadways for repping a bluff (ak/aq might want to do this)

Nichomacheo 08-31-2007 07:48 PM

Won't a regular see the transparency of this? Do you ever do this with a draw?

xSCWx 08-31-2007 07:55 PM

I don't like this because hands that have you completely [censored] will call but nothing else will touch this board.

You definitely have better +EV by just laying out a solid bet.

creedofhubris 08-31-2007 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think JTx boards might be better than three broadways for repping a bluff (ak/aq might want to do this)

[/ QUOTE ]

three wheel cards != three broadways... agreed that JTx also works though

jay_shark 08-31-2007 10:16 PM

Shoving is not bad because it's probable that jacks or queens would call you .

I still prefer making a pot size bet though .

IronFly 09-01-2007 01:17 AM

I think its fine to do OCCASIONALLY. Say 10% of the time. Would you ever play AK this way?

HEK 09-01-2007 01:41 AM

crai or bet/folding are better than shoving. But i guess you can shove now vs a regular player who you want to set up some metagame issues with. That's always fun when it works out. But I hate shoving just to charge draws esp on this rediculously dangerous board.