Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Limit players unite! [LC] (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=87251)

Emmitt2222 04-14-2006 10:22 AM

Limit players unite! [LC]

So basically there seems to be a bit of a migration lately of decent limit players to SSNL. I myself have started to do some experimenting myself and am thinking about making the full switch. The best way I have found to learning is through constant discussion and for me that works well through AIM. So I would love to talk to any SSNL players, but most especially those who started off in limit and are now making the switch.

Post your AIM name or PM me if you would like to talk hands. I am starting off by playing two tables of 6max and having the notepad open so I can quickly cut/paste interesting hands on the fly. Won't you join me?

Here are a few links to some AIM threads of previous, but I would like the players who have switched recently to chime in here and I also would rather have permission instead of pulling names from old threads.

MSN thread with many AIM names

AIM thread that didnt get far

I totally forgot to mention: me = Marinerguy22

Pokey 04-14-2006 10:28 AM

Re: Limit players unite! [LC]

AIM?? What is this "AIM" you speak of? Is it some kind of new-fangled cordless telephone jabberdoo? Kids these days! I tells ya, they're only interested in their MTV video games and their Britney Spears records and their tribal tattoos and their skateboards and their iPod tape recorders and their ice cream socials and what have you. Bah! In my day, if we wanted to "chat" we had to ride our bicycles over to our friend's house, ring the doorbell, and ask his mother's permission to see him. Oh, and our bicycles had GIGANTIC front wheels, too.

Bah! Bah, I tells ya!

P.S.: If you don't know what "Saw Palmetto" is, you're just a whipper-snapper.

NL Newbie 04-14-2006 10:48 AM

you have a PM emmitt.
LOL @ pokey, quite true.

Grunch 04-14-2006 10:58 AM

Hi, again, Emmitt. Welcome to the light. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I forgot to give you this link yesteday when we chatted. From back when I came over.

linky

cbloom 04-14-2006 11:15 AM

Woot, more limit donkeys to slaughter [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Oh wait, I mean : dang, more 2+2'ers making the games tougher!

ps. I'm a limit convert too, but I sucked at a limit so it's not like I lost anything moving to NL

car ramrod 04-14-2006 12:38 PM

I played about 100K hands of limit over the last year and half. I was a winning player, but I really was getting burnt out, and had hit a couple nasty swings. Tried nl because apparently it's the thing to do these days. Anyway, 5000 hands later and I am up about 16ptbb/100 (I think that is how you say it) Ofcourse small sample size, and I am probably running hot, but man the players seem really bad.

I started at $25, but last night I played 1000 hands of $50 and I really didn't see much difference. I encountered maybe 1 or 2 tags, but I had position on them, so it was no big deal.

One thing I noticed is that I was able to steal the blinds all night. And if the blinds called, they folded the flop about 75% of teh time to my c-bet.

anyway, I think I am planning on making the switch full time, and I have to say this forum is great and I have learned a ton in the last few weeks.

aim = des24999

4_2_it 04-14-2006 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, again, Emmitt. Welcome to the light. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got that backwards.

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/4...peror116ln.png

vulturesrow 04-14-2006 12:47 PM

Emmit (and anyone else),

Feel free to buddylist me. ecmoslim is my AIM handle.

MyTurn2Raise 04-14-2006 12:57 PM

I have nearly the same experience as car ramrod

a few hundred thousand hands of winning limit (upto 5/10 online)

Looking to play NL, because it looks like the future of the game

AIM = bwe79

matrix 04-14-2006 01:06 PM

hmmmmm....

I have never layed limit. Is it fun?

I think I might switch sides just to help keep things more balanced [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]- I have a copy of SSHE somewhere... (that book did so much damage to my NL game [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )