Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   POG MOLE - Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=478981)

Nicholasp27 08-16-2007 10:04 AM

POG MOLE - Game Thread

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/6632/moledh5.jpg

Nicholasp27 08-16-2007 11:22 AM

Re: POG MOLE - Game Thread

<font color="orange">[b][i]Welcome to Springfield!</font>

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/534...ngfieldsg4.jpg

Hi, I'm Troy McClure, you may remember me from such Other Other Other Games as 'Grumpy Old Rowers,' '10 Games I Created This Hour,' and 'An American Ninja in POG'

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3...ymclurewq0.jpg

Today, I'm here to educate you on a very serious problem plaguing good ole Springfield. This is a sad tale of how a lost teddy bear caused a bright young man to grow up to be an old, selfish miserly villian.

Springfield is powered exclusively by the Nuclear Power Plant run by Montgomery Burns. As he has a monopoly on the power generation, he has steadily increased prices, causing great strain on the Springfield economy. As a result, a new law has been passed that allows Springfield to provide their own nuclear rods, with the cost/watt for power generated from those rods to be 1/50th the cost of Burns' prices.

So Springfield has broken into two groups to go out and get some rods. If they get enough, they can ensure steady, well-priced electricity for the next 27 years. If they don't, then the entire economy may collapse!

28 Springfieldians have divided into two groups. However, each group has one MOLE! Mr Burns and Smithers have disguised themselves as normal citizens and will attempt to thwart Springfield's attempt at obtaining rods. You must do everything you can to gather rods anyway. Good luck Springfield!

Nicholasp27 08-16-2007 11:23 AM

The Springfield Isotopes:
TheSmell
Spook
DMK
Supine
FCBL
Jack Bando
Clowntable
ASPoker8
ScottHoward
Kbar
Traz
Kyro
Siegmund
FMX

The Pin Pals:
Fnord
Hold'Em
Tokyo
Eskimo Monk
JennFox
Lastchance
EverettKings
FLSC
Alex Jacob
Btmagnet
Zurvan
Mets
Valenzuela
Chuck

First Alternate:
Boiler

Everyone will receive a pm with your character. Do not disclose this character to anybody and do not use it in your avatar at this time. This is for you to keep secret for now.

The first task will be up shortly...

Nicholasp27 08-16-2007 12:24 PM

All pms have been sent; let me know if you don't have one

clowntable 08-16-2007 02:11 PM

Go Isotopes!

Spook 08-16-2007 02:15 PM

go
&lt;- this team.

UMTerp 08-16-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

First Alternate:
Boiler

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why I skipped this game originally (I loved the show), but you can put me down for the second alternate if it comes to that for some reason.

dmk 08-16-2007 02:31 PM

Lets go Isotopes!!!

btmagnetw 08-16-2007 02:32 PM

finally, i have a garment fine enough to be married in

FCBLComish 08-16-2007 02:32 PM

Spook, DMK and I have already changed avatars!

This game rocks.

dmk 08-16-2007 02:37 PM

we're obviously true team players and already have an edge over the pin pals. what a lame team name anyway

Nicholasp27 08-16-2007 02:46 PM

Task ONE

I have created a game thread for both teams. You should go there and discuss the first challenge with your team. I will post your determination in here on Monday afternoon when the task is completed.

I have posted the 14 members of your team with 15 Simpsons characters. 14 of those are the ones for each of you. The 15th is an extra I threw in. Your task is simply to tell me which character is the extra. You may discuss in your thread all you want until Monday and must make a team decision by Monday 1pm as to your answer.

Prize: 5 rods if correct, 0 if wrong

Nicholasp27 08-16-2007 02:52 PM

Clarifications:

No pming or talking outside of threads
No going into other team's thread unless I say it's ok in here

FCBLComish 08-16-2007 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clarifications:

No pming or talking outside of threads
No going into other team's thread unless I say it's ok in here

[/ QUOTE ]

I was unaware that I could not read the other team's thread. You may want to change the thread title to something like KEEP OUT.

Nicholasp27 08-16-2007 02:55 PM

it's not a huge deal at this point, but now u know...i'll post in both threads about it

FCBLComish 08-16-2007 03:01 PM

Shall I assume copying from our PM is not allowed?

Nicholasp27 08-16-2007 03:04 PM

Clarifications:

No copying from PMs
Both teams can win this challenge; some tasks will be team vs team and some will be independant, like this one
After every 1+ task, I will post a mole quiz that everyone takes; lowest score will be eliminated from each team

14/team down to 3/team = 11 eliminations total until final round

metsandfinsfan 08-16-2007 03:58 PM

so is fcbl change his avatar to his character? that allowed now?

FCBLComish 08-16-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so is fcbl change his avatar to his character? that allowed now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Nicholasp27 08-16-2007 03:59 PM

Sure, people can change their avatar to the character they claim now that u are allowed to talk about your character

metsandfinsfan 08-16-2007 04:00 PM

gotcha just making sure

Nicholasp27 08-17-2007 09:31 AM

***Announcement***

Task TWO will be up shortly, to start running simultaneous to Task ONE

btmagnetw 08-17-2007 11:33 AM

nich, are the teams merging eventually? and is there going to be 1 winner, or 1 winner from each team?

Nicholasp27 08-17-2007 04:41 PM

***Task Two***

You need to select a leader, who will perform Task Four all by themself. Choose wisely. You have until Tuesday at noon eastern. You must have at least 10 of the 14 players voting for the same person to fulfill this task and win 5 more rods.

Additionally, whichever team gets to the required 10 on one person first will get 3 additional rods. And whichever team has the least people on the top wagon (10+ people) will get 2 bonus rods. However, if both teams have the same number on their top wagon, both teams will lose 3 rods. Also, once u vote, ur vote is LOCKED after 24 hours. If team reaches 10 on one person at any given time, those 10 people are then locked immediately onto that person, and anyone who subsequently joins the wagon will be locked immediately as well. Vote by bolding 'vote for player x'

Good luck!

(this takes place in team threads, not here; remember, no viewing the other team's thread)

Nicholasp27 08-17-2007 04:52 PM

The teams never merge. Basically, two simultaneous games going on at once. However, some challenges the teams will compete against each other, while others will be separate. As a mole, you want to beat out the other mole at sabatoge and stealth, and you also wanna hurt your own team enough that you can win the overall prize. As a non-mole, you want to survive until the end, while helping your team get more points than the other team and then also doing better than the mole did by getting enough points.

FCBLComish 08-17-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
***Task Two***

Additionally, whichever team gets to the required 10 on one person first will get 3 additional rods. And whichever team has the least people on the top wagon (10+ people) will get 2 bonus rods. However, if both teams have the same number on their top wagon, both teams will lose 3 rods. Also, once u vote, ur vote is LOCKED after 24 hours. If team reaches 10 on one person at any given time, those 10 people are then locked immediately onto that person, and anyone who subsequently joins the wagon will be locked immediately as well. Vote by bolding 'vote for player x'

[/ QUOTE ]

I will give 3 rods to whoever can translate this into English.

metsandfinsfan 08-17-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
***Task Two***

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's pretty simple

your team must be dumb [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

FCBLComish 08-17-2007 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
***Task Two***

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's pretty simple

your team must be dumb [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said ANYTHING about my team.

I personally do not understand it.

It reminds me of looking at baseball statistics where they show someone's batting average vs Red Headed Southpaws on partly cloudy Tuesday evenings.

EverettKings 08-17-2007 10:11 PM

Dear Isotopes,

The Pin Pals have selected their leader with 10 votes and have stopped at that number. We WILL NOT be changing that number under any conditions.

If you choose to leave your wagon with 10 votes as well, then both teams will lose 3 rods and our respective moles will benefit. Your other option is to put on more than 10 votes and you will not concede 3 rods to your mole, but will concede 2 rods to our team.

You can do whatever you want, but we will definitely, absolutely be leaving our votes as-is.

Sincerely,

Pin Pals

clowntable 08-17-2007 10:36 PM

I guess it's -3 for both and we win the race unless you posted this a long time after your election was locked.

btmagnetw 08-17-2007 10:38 PM

7:56

clowntable 08-17-2007 10:59 PM

Pin Pals suck, lol. We're over an hour faster.
I guess your mole is good though.

btmagnetw 08-17-2007 11:12 PM

fyi we already found our mole, lynched him, and beat him to a bloody pulp. yes, posthumously.

EverettKings 08-17-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess it's -3 for both and we win the race unless you posted this a long time after your election was locked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter who won the race to 5 rods. This is a separate issue.

EverettKings 08-17-2007 11:22 PM

Nich, can you give more details on the scoring system (for moles and non)? And how often do mole quizzes come up, at your whim? It's fine with me if you kinda wing it but I'm curious what details you've ironed out.

metsandfinsfan 08-17-2007 11:31 PM

also nich are you going to announce which team finished first or are you going to let us keep leveling each other

dmk 08-18-2007 12:14 AM

srsly tho, we didnt' finish until ~9:30, and we found either a mole and/or an idiot that put in an 11th vote

metsandfinsfan 08-18-2007 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
srsly tho, we didnt' finish until ~9:30, and we found either a mole and/or an idiot that put in an 11th vote

[/ QUOTE ]

cool and we seriously finished at 756 and only have 10
holla

dmk 08-18-2007 12:23 AM

nicely done

metsandfinsfan 08-18-2007 12:24 AM

ty sir