Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   KK - UTG IN LIVE .25 /.50 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549683)

intheflatfield 11-19-2007 11:43 AM

KK - UTG IN LIVE .25 /.50

7 handed

button - $120
sb - $65
UTG (hero) - $80
UTG + 1 $50 ish
MP $90
CO $30
BTN $25-30 ish

Both button and MP are 2 very aggro players, and both are capable of floating to steal at any singn of weakness and will overcall w/ top pair / draws, etc. I have been very active so far.

dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] -

raise $4 (thought about ck rasing but didnt)

all call save for SB and CO - POT $20

FLOP Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet $15
folds to MP who flat calls
button overcalls after some thought.

POT = $65

turn comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Action? MP and button both have me covered..

I have about 60 left, my initial thought was to bet half the pot, but that's good portion of my stack, so pushing had strong consideration as well since a rr would be awkward..

evagaba 11-19-2007 11:47 AM

Re: KK - UTG IN LIVE .25 /.50

All you can eat baby

creamfillin 11-19-2007 11:49 AM

I would CRAI.

intheflatfield 11-19-2007 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would CRAI.

[/ QUOTE ]

thought about that but I wouldn't have enough left (assuming I wasn't put in myself) to make anyone fold. And if someone does shove, I pretty much have to call, don't I?

daboytim 11-19-2007 12:02 PM

This is always a shove because if we bet less we are committed and check/fold or check/call is never an option on this wet board. Tons of draws out there, that all didn't hit on the turn.

creamfillin 11-19-2007 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would CRAI.

[/ QUOTE ]

thought about that but I wouldn't have enough left (assuming I wasn't put in myself) to make anyone fold. And if someone does shove, I pretty much have to call, don't I?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want anyone to fold. Your read says these two should be betting alot here with their draws/pairs so let them bet and commit themselves. If you want people to fold then just shove.

intheflatfield 11-19-2007 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want anyone to fold. Your read says these two should be betting alot here with their draws/pairs so let them bet and commit themselves. If you want people to fold then just shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

I shoved, got called 2x - one was straight draw and the but turned over 9T for the flopped straight.

I thought I made the right play, but my friend told me I was spewing..

creamfillin 11-19-2007 12:18 PM

It's a high variance spot. Sometimes they'll flop straights/two pair but most of the time they'll flop a pair or a draw/something you have crushed.. that's why I prefer a crai in this spot. Let the overaggressive players hang themselves with a wide range, then come over the top when they have no choice but to call.

intheflatfield 11-19-2007 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a high variance spot. Sometimes they'll flop straights/two pair but most of the time they'll flop a pair or a draw/something you have crushed.. that's why I prefer a crai in this spot. Let the overaggressive players hang themselves with a wide range, then come over the top when they have no choice but to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with you here, even though result wouldn't have changed at least I get $$ in the pot in a favorable situation, as I am not getting called w/ a push except for top top maybe and hand that crushes me..