Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Special Sklansky Forum (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Reducing the Amount of Luck in Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382407)

fraac 04-19-2007 10:46 AM

Re: Reducing the Amount of Luck in Poker

Why the hell would you want to reduce the amount of luck?

drunkencowboy 04-19-2007 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why the hell would you want to reduce the amount of luck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good players would like to eliminate luck so they dont get outdrawn by players like fraac, who suck at poker... anyways...

Ive been thinking about this game idea for a while and the OP beat me to a post. Im still thinking about it, but Im not sure this game would work in certain multiway pots. Ill get back with you later on that...

Another thing is that it would affect home games. People would have to buy something that would calculate the odds. This would not only slow down the game, but also might stir up controversy with the typical moron. Even an intelligent person might believe the percentages are wrong or that he is being cheated...

Its a good idea. Are you sure you are not related to me, OP, as my brother and I were talking about this idea the night before you posted this. He came up with it after hearing all my horrendous outdraw beats at Full Tilt. I still swear this site is rigged but thats a whole new topic...

fraac 04-19-2007 11:23 AM

Well why don't we all just play chess then? Is it because we're inveterate losers who would never put in the hours?

Costliest thing in poker isn't luck, my dears. It's delusions. ZOMG I LOVE YOU GUYS.

drunkencowboy 04-19-2007 11:27 AM

lol. you really do not want to play me in chess.

fraac 04-19-2007 11:28 AM

Yeah, I knew that. I don't want to share a chalet with you either, or do lunch.

drunkencowboy 04-19-2007 11:50 AM

a chalet? wow. dude. what planet are you from. is it the rainbow planet?

hey fraac, are you a homosexual?

Phntm 04-19-2007 09:21 PM

Back in the day, the act of getting or offering insurance was very widespread. Our very own Dr. Sklansky, was often called on to do the math.

Alan3 04-20-2007 12:37 AM

Play these hands with an ordered preference. Tighten up at the beginning. Loosen up as the blinds increase. Loosen up if your stack is much bigger than his.

AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, 99, 88, AKs, 77, AQs, AKo, AJs, AQo, ATs, 66, KQs, AJo, ATo, A9s, KJs, A8s, KTs, KQo, 55, A9o, KJo, A7s, QJs, K9s, KTo, A8o, A6s, QTs, A5s, A4s, A7o, QJo

UATrewqaz 04-20-2007 02:53 PM

Bad players would lose almost every single session and get bored of the game very quickly.

They need suckouts that win them the whole pot so they can have the rare winning session, that keeps em coming back.

drunkencowboy 04-20-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad players would lose almost every single session and get bored of the game very quickly.

They need suckouts that win them the whole pot so they can have the rare winning session, that keeps em coming back.

[/ QUOTE ]

AWww. we wouldnt want to disappoint the fish. jesus. i fuc-king hate people who suckout on me. f-uck em all