Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Tripper's in Lansing, MI (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509157)

ELCowboy 09-25-2007 03:53 PM

Tripper\'s in Lansing, MI

Does anyone in the B & M play at Tripper's in Lansing? They've got poker 7 days a week now. What's the scene like M-W? Is it as busy as T-S?

Thanks!

ahanley 09-25-2007 07:21 PM

Re: Tripper\'s in Lansing, MI

what kind of games do they even have there? what stakes, what games?

good2cu 09-25-2007 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2NL and 2/5NL and some tournaments. The rake is very high. 10% 5max at 1/2NL and 10% 6max at 2/5NL

danspartan 09-25-2007 11:24 PM

Tripper's in Frandor? What gambling legislation has passedin Michigan that a sports bar has cash poker? Its not some kind of play money for points/prizes is it?

I've been gone 10 years, but I remember the waitresses wore short shorts.

ELCowboy 09-25-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2NL and 2/5NL and some tournaments. The rake is very high. 10% 5max at 1/2NL and 10% 6max at 2/5NL

[/ QUOTE ]

The rake is high, but VERY beatable. People will push with top pair. The kicker almost doesn't matter to them sometimes. There's quite a few regulars, but if you hit it up on a Friday or Saturday night, you'll regularly hear the dealer explain the rules of Texas Hold'em to 3 drunk donks at one table.

ELCowboy 09-25-2007 11:37 PM

It's for charity, regulated by the lottery. The waitresses still wear short shorts sometimes! When not short shorts, you get tight black pants, which is just fine imo.

[ QUOTE ]
Tripper's in Frandor? What gambling legislation has passedin Michigan that a sports bar has cash poker? Its not some kind of play money for points/prizes is it?

I've been gone 10 years, but I remember the waitresses wore short shorts.

[/ QUOTE ]

WaywardAce 09-26-2007 12:24 AM

I used to play at Royal Scot but I hear it's pretty dead out there now. It would be nice if Trippers would raise the max buyin to 200 instead of 100.

ELCowboy 09-26-2007 12:34 AM

they do have a 200 max

otter 09-26-2007 01:25 AM

What is trippers?

pillsbarry 09-26-2007 04:19 PM

dang Otter, i thought you new all of this...its a sports bar out in lansing..last fall when the charity laws changed, it opened up the door for someone like this to run a card room..but every night they run, a different charity is the benefactor..from the michigan.gov page on lotterys,
i believe they are allowed to sell-use up to $15000 worth of chips in a night..go to ---lansingpoker.com--- the guys who maintains that does a great job..list the coming weekends events,,buyins ...
i live out in howell but work in livonia...as close as it is, i have not had a chance to go there yet...i keep going to the MCC for the 10/20..just more convienent....but it does sound juicey....royal scot is a bowling alley.....