Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AJ TPTK BvB (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479141)

danny8 08-16-2007 02:41 PM

AJ TPTK BvB

Cryptologic - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.13/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $25.74
BB: $22.24
UTG: $3.15
CO: $12.83
BTN: $24.57

Reads: <font color="blue">villains 24/9/4.5 400hands. dont recognise him at all, must have played some 50nl with him.

stacked him earlier when i c/c his cbet then c/r ai on turn with set vs his overpair. ive been fairly agro (hes on 3 of my tables) hes 3bet my btn/co opens 3x times or so recently. i folded all of them. kinda seems to be gunning for me a bit, but i dunno</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
3 folds, BTN calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BTN calls $0.75

Flop: ($2) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4.50</font>, Hero...

whats my plan for the rest of the hand and why?

Eddi 08-16-2007 02:44 PM

Re: AJ TPTK BvB

His AF is pretty high, so this could easily be a draw. I'd call and lead a brick turn - if he raises, you fold.

Willem 08-16-2007 02:59 PM

Doesn't bvb mean blind vs blind?

I raise here, because I have tptk and the board is drawy, but that may very well not be correct.

monkeymaps 08-16-2007 03:44 PM

ehhh this spot sucks.
I just call here I guess because a RR pretty much only gets called by better hands besides maybe a combo draw. I might c/r a safe turn or block a heart turn.

This could be terrible advice.
Are you comfortable felting this hand?
I always seem to overvalue my hands in these spots so this might be rubish advice.

danny8 08-16-2007 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't bvb mean blind vs blind?

I raise here, because I have tptk and the board is drawy, but that may very well not be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah yea, i thought i was bb vs him in the sb... turns out i was bb, and he was btn - there was no small blind.

monkeymaps,
with the info i had at the time, i think he likely raises my cbet with a draw, and with a set, and maybe with a J. so like eddi said, i guess i could call and donk a safe turn. i never really donk at all, maybe i should work it into my game. if do do that the pot is gonna be ~$11 with $19 behind. i hate betting $8 and folding. but i dont feel great about bet/calling.

i guess i just gotta decide if my hands good and go with it, one way or another. i just dunno if it is or not [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Ramana 08-16-2007 08:25 PM

I'm only worried about 33 or a funky J3 T3 combo, but mostly I think he's messing with you with a FD or oesd or TP. I call and lead a safe turn and fold to a raise. If he calls I c/c river.

inverted 08-17-2007 01:51 AM

There aren't many cards you really want to see here, any overcard could give him a straight/higher pair, any heart could give him the flush, a 7,8 or 9 might even give him a straight aswell. I think you need to make your decision now or be ready to fold most turns.

sww 08-17-2007 02:04 AM

You get too good prize to fold to the turn raise IMO if you lead it strong. I either call, crai blank turn and check/fold flushed one or reraise here.