Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   SIA Senate Bet Info (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=246086)

jaym96822 10-27-2006 12:19 AM

SIA Senate Bet Info

For anyone interested in the details of SIA's Control of Senate bet:

The Iowa electronic market shows a 25% chance of Democrats taking the Senate. That makes SIA's 1.4:1 on Republicans a good bet.

Chat Information Welcome to Sports Interaction chat! You are currently number 1 in the queue. Your wait time will be approximately 1 minute(s), 41 seconds. We will be with you shortly!
Chat Information You are now chatting with 'Chris'
Chat Information Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK63010168504X
Chris: Hi, X. My name is Chris. How may I help you?
X: I had a question on one of your political prop bets
X: For the US Senate bet
X: if the US Senate results in a 50-50 tie
X: is the bet graded push / no action?
X: or is the Vice President's tie-breaking vote counted as being a Republican Senate?
Chris: Give me a minute to look into it..
Chris: It would go to who ever gets the position.
X: what does that mean?
Chris: If it goes to the tie breaker who ever gets it after that would be the winning bet.
X: so if the Senate is split 50-50, and the VP is a Republican, the "Republicans hold the Senate" bet would win?
Chris: Yes.
X: ok, thank you
Chris: No problem, have a great night.
Chris: Thank you for using Sports Interaction's chat service! To help improve our service, please click Close and complete the Exit Survey. Click To Print

dankhank 10-27-2006 12:28 AM

Re: SIA Senate Bet Info

i wonder if this sia chat rep is giving definitive info on this, or if they grade it as a push

also i cant in good consicence bet against dems to control

Thremp 10-27-2006 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i wonder if this sia chat rep is giving definitive info on this, or if they grade it as a push

also i cant in good consicence bet against dems to control

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong forum,

Gag me.

LordBP 10-27-2006 02:00 AM

This is a very very good bet. Dems need six seats for control. They need 6 of these 7 Montana, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Tennessee, Rhode Island, and Virginia without losing NJ or MD.

If we give them RI,PA,OH, and MT where they lead they need 2 of MO,TN,VA possible but highly unlikely.

CieloAzor 10-27-2006 02:14 AM

That representive sounded confused. I don't trust him.

NajdorfDefense 10-27-2006 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That representive sounded confused. I don't trust him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it be a push? 'Control' of the Senate is assured if Cheney is the tiebreaker, it's not 'Race to 51 seats.'

Naj

AnyAce 10-27-2006 10:55 AM

Tradesports has a similar bet, their language indicates a tie would be equivalent to Republican control because of Cheney.

AA

beetman 10-27-2006 11:04 AM

I checked SIA shortly after this was posted and the line was -250, not +140. Did they move their line that quickly or did someone misread the decimal odds as American odds (-250 is 1.40 in decimal odds.)

fnurt 10-27-2006 11:26 AM

Is the bet being graded immediately after the election? Because when control is close, there's always a chance of someone switching parties, but that probably wouldn't happen until January.

In any event, any switch would most likely be from D to R, so I agree that there is a lot of value in betting the elephant here.