Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Oliver Perez? Are you joking? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=240054)

CalvinTy 10-19-2006 01:35 PM

Re: Oliver Perez? Are you joking?

Nice excerpt, iggymcfly. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yet, again as others have said, not much value in the sides... someone said a 5-4 game, and personally, that's exactly what I'm guessing and it could easily be EITHER team in this spot.

If you want to GAMBOL for mere desire of action, don't blame ya, but if you --actually want a return-- and want a potential better line, why not choose StL/Suppan for 1st 5 innings? Seems like Oliver Perez will not have a long leash in this game (I'm pulling this out of my azz or influenced by other comments earlier) so if he's yanked early in 4th inning after giving up 3 runs, that ain't the game based on Mets offense, ya know...?

* CalvinTy

Thremp 10-19-2006 01:50 PM

I'm adding hunger to my list of things to hate on... Along with clutchness. The jury will agree that choking is an actual happening. IE Last week we were up 5 cups to 2 in beer pong and ended up losing 0-2. That was a monumental choke. I obviously am not clutch and had no hunger (thirst was gone after as well)... It could be debated if I am a "gamer" or not.

TheRover 10-19-2006 01:57 PM

If you just trade your best player that would take care of the problem.

Thremp 10-19-2006 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you just trade your best player that would take care of the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if the team captain was more supportive of me. He supported the alternate when he used excessive table lean habitually now I get left on an island when I can't produce. Gay.

kioshk 10-19-2006 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is that rigorous enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely! If it weren't for the "gut feel" contigent sports betting might get too tight and not be beatable!

[/ QUOTE ]

"Gut feel"? That is rich. OK, I'm done. In an argument with you guys, I guess I'll bet against the straw man.

MyTurn2Raise 10-19-2006 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm adding hunger to my list of things to hate on... Along with clutchness. The jury will agree that choking is an actual happening. IE Last week we were up 5 cups to 2 in beer pong and ended up losing 0-2. That was a monumental choke. I obviously am not clutch and had no hunger (thirst was gone after as well)... It could be debated if I am a "gamer" or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

better watch it, you'll end up with a big list of things to 'hate' like me

anyway....Cards pitching advantage verse Mets hitting advantage and home field

interesting situation, I cannot bet as I am far too unobjective on this one

thing85 10-19-2006 02:25 PM

I really think this is close to 50/50, so there can't possibly be much value at all given the current odds.

MicroBob 10-19-2006 02:36 PM

If all I had said was "I think the Mets think this is their time", you would have a valid point.

- I have a valid point either way. "I think The Mets will find a way to win this game" is just ridiculous.

Geez, look at that Met lineup. And at home? Suppan Schmuppan, I'm taking the Mets.

Is that rigorous enough?

- Not really.

Indeed, the Mets may win this game. It might even be in a situation where they 'find a way' to win it at the end.
But the sports-radioness of your logic does not lead to +EV handicapping.

MicroBob 10-19-2006 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really think this is close to 50/50, so there can't possibly be much value at all given the current odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's close to 50/50 as well with perhaps a very slight edge to StL.
Thus, I couldn't resist taking STL at +111.

mrbaseball 10-19-2006 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's close to 50/50 as well with perhaps a very slight edge to StL.
Thus, I couldn't resist taking STL at +111.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have it pretty even myself. Not betting it but do have an interest in a decent sized NLCS bet on the Cards. Not hedging it either.