Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Caucasian: the 'Other' white meat (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393460)

ChipWrecked 05-02-2007 03:25 AM

Caucasian: the \'Other\' white meat

I took my daughter to a small medical clinic located in a Rite Aid drugstore today.

We left with a feedback questionnaire that I agreed to send in, as we had a positive experience and I wanted the LNP to get some props with the medical provider.

I did a quick scan of the (optional, of course) ethnicity section. Not finding my daughter's white bread, part-WASP identity listed, I took a closer look.

<ul type="square"> Latino/Hispanic
Other White
etc.
etc.[/list]
WTF? I've lived in California long enough to understand that I belong to a minority group. But 'other' white? Wow.

Being a born Cali girl, this will probably be standard for my girl. But her old school dad has been knocked for a PC loop.

doubLe a tom 05-02-2007 03:26 AM

Re: Caucasian: the \'Other\' white meat

racist ban maybe? i dont really get the point..

CrazyEyez 05-02-2007 09:35 AM

I'm your caucasian.

econophile 05-02-2007 09:53 AM

dude, white is the preferred nomenclature.

ChipWrecked 05-02-2007 10:07 AM

As goes California, the nation will follow.

Get ready, Iowa.

Bicycles_Biatch 05-02-2007 05:55 PM

I live in CA too... i'm looking for a way out... maybe New Zealand or Norway

FlyWf 05-02-2007 10:34 PM

This thread needs a dose of the banstick. That terminology has been around for a while and if you thought about it, Hispanic people are genetically from [censored] Spain.

"
I live in CA too... i'm looking for a way out... maybe New Zealand or Norway
"

Bad news bra, NZ has a decent black population.

MrWookie 05-02-2007 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread needs a dose of the banstick. That terminology has been around for a while and if you thought about it, Hispanic people are genetically from [censored] Spain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly. Isn't it a lot of mixture between the Spanish and the Aztecs, Mayans, and whoever else happened to be living in that region?

FlyWf 05-02-2007 10:59 PM

It also includes African/Spanish mixes like Dominicans, which is why it's more properly identified as a culture than as an race, hence the way those forms phrase it. Your traditional Mexican has the same amount of properly European blood as your garden variety Sicilian.

They aren't fellow Aryans, though, so ZOMG PC! It's an outrage that OP's purebreed daughter is getting lumped in with those [censored] mud people.

mmbt0ne 05-02-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They aren't fellow Aryans, though, so ZOMG PC! It's an outrage that OP's purebreed daughter is getting lumped in with those [censored] mud people.

[/ QUOTE ]

My God, it's like you suck more and more every day.