Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=178199)

Dynasty 08-03-2006 09:07 PM

Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

As the new editor of the Magazine, I'm asking for opinions on how to improve it going forward.

However, one change I know I want to see is the inclusion of more heads-up hold 'em articles (whether limit or no-limit) rather than the more typical full ring game articles. Heads-up theory is rarely written about (perhaps because it is so difficult to do so) whereas full ring game theory has been explored thoroughly.

So, I'd like to encourage all the Heads Up forum posters who have an article idea to make a submission to the Magazine. Feel free to contact me (via PM or e-mail) before doing any writing if you want to discuss the article in advance.

All authors who get published recieve $200 per article.

BigBiceps 08-07-2006 11:35 AM

Re: Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

I was thinking about writing one, but I see in the Magizine contributions information ...
"Upon acceptance of an article, we will require some additional information including complete address of author and social security number so that we can make payment. Payment will typically be made by the end of the calendar month in which the article appears."

This seems crazy/unnecessary.

You do not need the SSN / address for tax reporting or issuing of a 1099-MISC unless there are items over $600.

I was going to write an article here, but if that information is required then I guess not.

Ibuprofen 08-07-2006 11:49 AM

SS# ? Is there a reason for needing our social security number? It's not like I'm trying to protect my identity or anything, if someone wants my life they can have it. I'm just curious why it's needed.

AntonHeat 08-07-2006 02:44 PM

What about if you live outside of USA, ex Canada?

Mason Malmuth 08-08-2006 01:43 AM

Hi Big:

[ QUOTE ]
"Upon acceptance of an article, we will require some additional information including complete address of author and social security number so that we can make payment. Payment will typically be made by the end of the calendar month in which the article appears."

This seems crazy/unnecessary.

You do not need the SSN / address for tax reporting or issuing of a 1099-MISC unless there are items over $600.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly why it is done. Most writers will submit and have accepted more than one article, so Chuck Weinstock, who handles this aspect of the magazine asks for everyone to submit this information.

best wishes,
Mason

Kwaz 08-09-2006 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about if you live outside of USA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty 09-07-2006 07:31 PM

I've floated an idea to several posters which I'd like to propose to the whole forum.

I want to publish a series of heads-up articles basically titled "100 Heads-Up Hands". The articles would have the author playing an unknown opponent and document the first 100 hands in a session. The point of the article is to show how a read is established in a heads-up setting against the unknown opponent and how you adjust your play based on that read.

The exact # of hands in the article is obviously flexible.

londomollari 09-07-2006 08:48 PM

Is Byron Jacobs going to continue his heads-up series that started in July?

bbbushu 09-07-2006 09:12 PM

dynasty your idea sounds really cool and very helpful.

bbbuuuuushu

Crumpled Ear 09-08-2006 11:46 AM

I would love to see a book on this topic, with each chapter devoted to a different type of opponent:

For example: Chapter One--100 HU hands agains the TAG; Chapter 2--100 hands against the LAG; Chap 3--the weak tight, and so forth.

For now I'll settle for an article. Great Idea!