Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What is the most ethical way to commit suicide? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555517)

remski 11-27-2007 11:49 AM

What is the most ethical way to commit suicide?

According to this guy, go to a forest and 'sparingly' use petrol to perform self-immolation...

link to article

A couple gems...

"I estimate that over 60 years your suicide will stop your loved ones from producing 583.2 kg of carbon from gift-buying alone. So your death will be even more generous than you know!"

"I often wonder about the state of mind of people who asphyxiate themselves with exhaust fumes in their cars – do they not know that every minute their car is chugging out up to 70g of CO2?"

"My last word to you, Zach: don’t leave a suicide note. Even using a single sheet of paper contributes to the felling of trees for profit and the threatened extinction of many animals. Why ruin your selfless ethical moment?"

Discuss... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

ThaSaltCracka 11-27-2007 11:56 AM

Re: What is the most ethical way to commit suicide?

what a nutjob.

bobman0330 11-27-2007 11:57 AM

Immolate yourself so you can reduce carbon emissions?? That's counterproductive. You should jump into a swamp or bog so that the carbon contained in your body might mineralize and be sequestered from the carbon cycle.

Suigin406 11-27-2007 12:03 PM

[censored] quack

tuq 11-27-2007 12:09 PM

I heard of someone once who tried to kill herself (think it was a she, been awhile) by repeatedly running a red light at high speed in the hopes of getting into a collision. It was late at night so it took her awhile to get into the desired accident. Unfortunately she lived and the other driver died.

Needless to say, NOT the most ethical way to commit suicide.

JackInDaCrak 11-27-2007 12:11 PM

Suicide by cop imo

remski 11-27-2007 12:11 PM

after reading it and deciding it wasn't a monumental level, I just felt angry... strange ppl out there.

tuq 11-27-2007 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suicide by cop imo

[/ QUOTE ]
No, this leads to paid administrative leave and costs taxpayers money.

NT! 11-27-2007 12:17 PM

jumping from an ecologically friendly airplane running off vegetable oil and solar power that is transporting buckets and buckets of BBV donations to barry g's kids funds while simultaneously conducting critical atmospheric tests to determine the true source of global warming.

.... and landing on that guy from creed's car. while he's driving it.

tuq 11-27-2007 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jumping from an ecologically friendly airplane running off vegetable oil and solar power that is transporting buckets and buckets of BBV donations to barry g's kids funds while simultaneously conducting critical atmospheric tests to determine the true source of global warming.

[/ QUOTE ]
Outstanding.

MuresanForMVP 11-27-2007 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Outstanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, that sealed it, A+

NicksDad1970 11-27-2007 12:27 PM

old age

Quanah Parker 11-27-2007 12:48 PM

http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/r...44kamikaze.jpg

astroglide 11-27-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after reading it and deciding it wasn't a monumental level, I just felt angry... strange ppl out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

...They [spiked] seek to counter positions such as multiculturalism, environmentalism...

JokersAttack 11-27-2007 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard of someone once who tried to kill herself (think it was a she, been awhile) by repeatedly running a red light at high speed in the hopes of getting into a collision. It was late at night so it took her awhile to get into the desired accident. Unfortunately she lived and the other driver died.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is unbelievable.

What a nutcase.

remski 11-27-2007 01:08 PM

ahh, so it IS a monumental level, kk, i was confused.

astroglide 11-27-2007 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

check out their editor's current and former publications.

remski 11-27-2007 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

check out their editor's current and former publications.

[/ QUOTE ]

"O'Neill has ridiculed those who wish to take action to reduce carbon emissions in order to tackle global warming."

Says it all. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

btmagnetw 11-27-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i dunno, buckets [insert comment about carbon for some reason, while making sure to utilize the word "tonnes" here]. i think hemp baskets are preferable.

kassdog 11-27-2007 01:39 PM

accually that accident just recently happened here in chicago area. And yesterday i believe she was sentanced to eight years in jail

mbillie1 11-27-2007 01:43 PM

I dunno how ethical it would be but I think jumping out of a plane with explosives on your chest and exploding yourself over a city so that your body parts / blood / guts make a mess over a few blocks would be pretty sweet.

AKA Squared 11-27-2007 01:50 PM

This is a valid reductio. There really are people who count the value of everything in human life in terms of carbon; that value being purely negative, the best you can do is not to live. And they do draw that conclusion, although so far the only thing they mean by that is that people shouldn't have children.

neuroman 11-27-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"O'Neill has ridiculed those who wish to take action to reduce carbon emissions in order to tackle global warming."

[/ QUOTE ]
And what exactly does that say? How about a translation.

mbillie1 11-27-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

translation: O'Neill thinks SCIENCE = BAD, which means he's probably retarded

astroglide 11-27-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

her name is jeanette sliwinski, and she actually killed three (3) people in her suicide attempt.

according to a sun times article, she was sentenced to eight years but only has to do half of it. because of time already served in jail, she's expected to walk in 19 months.

as an aside, wtf is up with constantly commuted prison terms? i think i prefer lower sentencing with strict enforcement.

microbet 11-27-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as an aside, wtf is up with constantly commuted prison terms? i think i prefer lower sentencing with strict enforcement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Varies a lot. Average time served for a 1 year sentence in LA County is 80 days. I've heard overall the average is only 10% time served in LA County.

In Florida State prison the average time served is 87%.

Twistofsin 11-27-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was some former model, and she hit another vehicle head on which I think actually killed 2 people. It was pretty recent, the article I read about it was about a month ago but I don't remember her name or all the details.

miajag 11-27-2007 02:01 PM

There's been a pretty strong push for truth in sentencing in many states in recent years.

astroglide 11-27-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's been a pretty strong push for truth in sentencing in many states in recent years.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the link - it's cool to know that there's a designated term for the concept.

remski 11-27-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

translation: O'Neill thinks SCIENCE = BAD, which means he's probably retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

That sentence just opened my eyes as to what the point of the article was... I posted the link without doing any research, thus taking his comments/advice literally and failed to recognise the article for what it is... Which is parody. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

tuq 11-27-2007 03:02 PM

Oddly enough, the vehicular homicide incident I was referring to happened several years ago here in Scottsdale, not the Chicago model that some of you are alluding to. I can't find it on Google either but it could have been 10+ years ago. It was told to me by someone from their PD so the source is pretty reliable. Not that it's likely someone would make that up anyway...

CallMeIshmael 11-27-2007 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

her name is jeanette sliwinski, and she actually killed three (3) people in her suicide attempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy hell, you dont see this coming:

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ht_je..._071016_ms.jpg

quirkasaurus 11-27-2007 03:44 PM

i like jumping into the tiger den at the local zoo.
give those poor hunting-deprived tigers something to do...
give dozens of families and their children a day to remember.
hopefully, the tigers will completely devour your body by
the time the zookeepers even notice anything.

scotchnrocks 11-27-2007 04:05 PM

Headfirst into a volcano. No one would witness that or have to clean up the mess, and it is guaranteed to work on the first try.

ehafner 11-27-2007 04:31 PM

- Don't kill anybody else

bobman0330 11-27-2007 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Headfirst into a volcano. No one would witness that or have to clean up the mess, and it is guaranteed to work on the first try.

[/ QUOTE ]

Episode 3?

Quanah Parker 11-27-2007 04:44 PM

http://frolkovic.blog.sme.sk/blog/24.../sliwinski.jpg

This is tragic.
Very hot, but suicidal and so stupid.

Pyromaniac 11-27-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking this. Not sure what would be the best way to die but still be a good candidate. By the time they find yr sparingly petrolled crispy corpse in the woods, nothing is going to be any good anymore.

So you'd have to be found almost immediately after death, or in the process of dying. Poison/drugs is probably out. Anything involving bleeding to death or aphyxiation probably out, too, I'd guess. go to your nearest organ donation center / hospital and shoot yourself in the head with your organ donation paperwork pinned to your chest, maybe.

...found this:

[ QUOTE ]
Both groups of doctors were asked whether patients from four hypothetical scenarios should be candidates for donating a variety of organs. The scenarios included a cocaine overdose, a suicide from drinking methanol, cyanide poisoning and carbon monoxide poisoning.

The survey showed that 70% of transplant doctors would consider or accept organs from patients that had been poisoned with methanol, cyanide or carbon monoxide. However, only 50% of doctors would consider or accept organs from patients who overdosed on cocaine. The caution in accepting organs in this scenario was because there could be a greater risk of the organs being infected by HIV or hepatitis in drug users. The survey also showed that at least 80% of ICU doctors were willing to offer organs from poisoned patients to transplantation centres irrespective of the different poisoning scenarios.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-fot030503.php

DonkeyKongSr 11-27-2007 04:50 PM

Donating your organs would be against what this guy is proposing because you'd be extending the lives of others further taxing the Earth's resources.

Pyromaniac 11-27-2007 05:01 PM

that's true. I wasn't sticking to his definition of 'ethical', though [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]