Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Lock of the PA State Trooper Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511021)

jaydub 09-28-2007 12:58 AM

Lock of the PA State Trooper Thread

The post.

Ok, so a known OOT poster links to a news story about a cop murdering a dentist. It appears the cop was [censored] the dentist's wife. The poster is a cop himself, knew the arrested cop at the time of the murder, and states that he and others had their suspicions. Clearly this is not a linktard.

While I can understand not letting things degrade to the typical cops suck nonsense level, locking immediately? Really? There's a helluva lot of potential for that thread to turn really interesting.

[ QUOTE ]

just because it's on CNN doesn't mean it's not LOL material

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

J

stabn 09-28-2007 01:33 AM

Re: Lock of the PA State Trooper Thread

He basically just linked it. He needs to add more value in the OP if he wants the thread to stay.

jaydub 09-28-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He basically just linked it. He needs to add more value in the OP if he wants the thread to stay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Did you read the post?

I will reiterate:

The poster is a cop himself, knew the arrested cop at the time of the murder, and states that he and others had their suspicions.

All of this was stated in his post; for [censored] sake he has inside, non-public information which he shared in the OP.

J

betgo 09-28-2007 02:03 AM

OOT has had some bad posts, but the mods are really going too far with locking stuff and so on. Reasonable topics should be allowed. If the thread degenerates, then lock it.

edfurlong 09-28-2007 02:03 AM

Wait, ItalianFX is a cop?

kerowo 09-28-2007 07:47 AM

Any thread in OOT that involves cops is facing an uphill battle from the get go, since this one doesn't involve prostitutes it wasn't going to be interesting it was going to be OMG cops suck!

Let me put it a way you'll understand:

OP didn't do enough to make it more than a linktard thread.

NT! 09-28-2007 08:09 AM

clearly the OP was trying to put some effort into the thread, but he wasn't really asking any question or trying to start a discussion. basically linked to a news item and said 'i know this guy, whoa.' that's got LOL written all over it.

fx's insights as a cop have been very useful at times, it's not meant to denegrate his contributions. the rules apply to everyone.

lol at betgo... his only post in OOT in months is a two-sentence googletard about jury duty, he gets suspended for it, thread doesn't even get locked, and he shows up in OOT bitching about thread locking all of a sudden. hint: we have been doing the same thing all along.

betgo 09-28-2007 08:37 AM

I post in strategy forums all the time and they don't supend people and lock threads because they don't have enough content. The OP is to start a discussion.

[Phill] 09-28-2007 08:56 AM

Ive still never gotton the logic of locking a thread for not having enough material for a discussion to take place - i mean if a discussion doesnt take place then soon enough it disappears never to be seen again.

mason55 09-28-2007 08:59 AM

yeah i mean like... nt you should make it clear that just because a post gets replies doesn't mean it's a good post. put that in the sticky or something. or at least tell people. just once. jerk.