Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495267)

Taso 09-07-2007 05:22 AM

Re: TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

House is also coming back for its 4th season.

skunkworks 09-07-2007 05:39 AM

Aloysius heartily recommends Pushing Daisies and claims it is ABC's best new show this fall.

"I'm totally gay! Also, watch Pushing Daisies."
-Aloysius

I may be misquoting him a touch.

jjshabado 09-07-2007 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked house for about half a season. Then I realized that it has the "Home Improvement Syndrome" where every episode has the exact same plot structure. Its like a mad libs script and the writers just pick new medical terms to fill in the blanks.

MrWookie 09-07-2007 11:02 AM

Skunk,

So that's on Wednesdays, too? I think I'll have room on my DVR, but the premise doesn't grip me quite as much. Still, Al knows what he's talking about when it comes to TV.

Dominic 09-07-2007 12:50 PM

oh yeah, and of course - The Shield

skunkworks 09-07-2007 01:33 PM

MrWookie,

The premise for Pushing Daisies seems gimmicky and more suited to be a 12-issue comic book miniseries, but I'll give the first few episodes a chance on the DVR. If it sucks, I'll let Aloysius fall on the sword for that. In general though, his level of taste is high.

Also, I am strongly considering re-adding on HBO to my cable package so I can watch Season 5 of The Wire, but that's coming out in February '08 and isn't germane to this thread.

Dominic 09-07-2007 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here's what happens in every episode of House:

NURSE: "House, why are you so mean?"

HOUSE: "[censored] you."

NURSE: "ZOMG! This poor child has a weird disease no one has ever hear of, what is it, what should we do??"

HOUSE: "I'll figure it out."

PARENTS OF SICK KID: "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

NURSE: "House, thank you so much, you're great!"

HOUSE "[censored] you."

(I posed this in a House thread a while ago)

Aloysius 09-07-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MrWookie,

The premise for Pushing Daisies seems gimmicky and more suited to be a 12-issue comic book miniseries, but I'll give the first few episodes a chance on the DVR. If it sucks, I'll let Aloysius fall on the sword for that. In general though, his level of taste is high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha... thanks I guess [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I've actually only seen the pilot for Pushing Daisies, have not gotten a chance to view other episodes. But in the many years I've been a part of pilot seasons, this screening received one of the best responses I've seen, almost uniformly praised as "amazing".

The premise is very high concept and seems gimmicky, but it's executed brilliantly... the acting is very good and the writing is very above average for a network one-hour.

Also Barry Sonnenfeld directed the pilot, and is slated to direct future episodes. The look of the world he creates is really captivating (think Edward Scissorhands-esque).

So I would definitely recommend watching the premiere, and seeing if it's something you'd enjoy and want to stick with.

-Al

KOTLP 09-07-2007 02:12 PM

Next to The Office, I'm most anticipating Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO) Sunday, Sept. 10, 10 p.m. I can't get enough of neurotic Larry.

filsteal 09-07-2007 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely will watch The Office. I really don't want Pam and Jim to get together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blasphemy.

I'm pretty sure that at some point, I started caring more about how Jim and Pam turned out than I did about how my own romantic situations turned out in real life.

They should do a Jim and Pam sex tape and sell it for like $100 a copy. There'd be buyers.