Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   0.25/0.50 A9s Top pair lots of action from uber loose table (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532484)

Turlock 10-27-2007 09:34 AM

0.25/0.50 A9s Top pair lots of action from uber loose table

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3, folds, CO (poster) checks, 2 folds, 2 folds, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.4SB, 5 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO caps</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10.7BB, 4 players)
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12.7BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 14.7BB

Reads are the table is super loose with lots of players loving their Ace rag hands.I considered folding the turn but thought for 2 more bets I can show it down with good odds.Obviously on a strong table I'm probably folding on the flop or the turn,but even with my reads should I have dumped this here?

Fantam 10-27-2007 03:32 PM

Re: 0.25/0.50 A9s Top pair lots of action from uber loose table

What could CO have capped the flop with that he folded the turn for 1 bet ? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

If your read was that the players were super loose and you thought that MP2 could have 3-bet the flop with a weaker Ace, then I dont see anything wrong with your call down, particularly as you became heads up.

At least you would have got more of a read on MP2 if he had the flush, a straight, 2 pair or something else that beat you.

It is difficult to know whether you should call down or not from the turn in these situations, without a good read on the villain.

Aaron W. 10-27-2007 03:34 PM

I fold to the flop cap. RIO is bad bad bad.

Xylocain 10-27-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reads are the table is super loose with lots of players loving their Ace rag hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

[Jesus]- You said it man [/Jesus]

I think you can fold to the turn cap, at least one of them has a FD and between and with a bet raise reraise and a cold cap you have to expect at least 1 two pair which probably sits on most of your outs. As played fold turn.

I think you should consider the Wookie theorem in this hand: that yes the pot is huge ... but there is a reason it is huge.