Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Did I play this too aggressively? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545314)

CasaJJ 11-13-2007 04:25 PM

Did I play this too aggressively?

I didn't have any read on villain as we had only been sitting at the table together for a short time. In the first two orbits at the table I was on a sick run, getting amazing cards and betting very aggressively. That being said, I only had to show down a couple of times. Because of that I'm sure that villain thought I was an absolute maniac when this hand came up in my third orbit.

Did I play it too aggressively? With a double gutshot straight, a flush draw and two overs plus my maniac image I thought it best to bet hard. Should I have slowed down?

Full Tilt 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

kross 11-13-2007 04:33 PM

Re: Did I play this too aggressively?

Given your description, that you have a maniac image, no one is going to fold a better hand to your turn 3-bet I think, except maybe K-high or A-high. So you should just call the turn raise.

milesdyson 11-13-2007 04:34 PM

turn 3bet is pretty optimistic. i don't think he's folding enough especially given that you think he views you as a maniac, maniac at your door
And she's dancing like she never danced before
She's a maniac, maniac at your door

istewart 11-13-2007 04:34 PM

If you have a maniac image the turn 3-bet kinda sucks. Obviously he only has to fold a very small % of the time, but...

You don't get the chance to CR the river when you hit whatever.
You can get capped.
He has a hand almost always (no clue wtf he was doing here).

danzasmack 11-13-2007 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
turn 3bet is beyond optimistic. i don't think he's folding enough especially given that you think he views you as a maniac, maniac on the floor

[/ QUOTE ]

TheHip41 11-13-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
turn 3bet is pretty optimistic. i don't think he's folding enough especially given that you think he views you as a maniac, maniac at your door
She's a maniac, maniac at your door

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure it's

"She's a maniac, maniac on the floor..."

danzasmack 11-13-2007 04:40 PM

though Hip let's be honest, if there is a poster in SSSH to have a crazy chick dancing at his front door it's probably miles.

milesdyson 11-13-2007 04:41 PM

according to some lyrics page the song contains one chorus with "on the floor" and later the chorus is "at your door"

milesdyson 11-13-2007 04:42 PM

brag: the iPods i got through fpps are selling today. vegas money baby

TheHip41 11-13-2007 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
though Hip let's be honest, if there is a poster in SSSH to have a crazy chick dancing at his front door it's probably miles.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's because he can afford those high priced chicks with his BBJ winnings.