Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   PGA Championship Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=472962)

tuq 08-08-2007 11:49 PM

PGA Championship Thread

OK, let's do this. Let's get Clark to make his "bold" Tiger prediction, Bitcho and Euro to troll each other about Phil and Tiger, Bill Murphy to use the term "Phold" liberally, and two posts per day the first three days and then 300 on Sunday.

Coverage: 11-5 PDT / 2-8 EDT on TNT Thursday & Friday.

This link is your friend. In a welcome developing trend, those of us office jockeys can watch live online. Rather than just showing specific holes (Amen Corner at the Masters, 16-18 at Carnoustie), TNT is simulcasting the coverage online - and it's about time, really. Also, there is an additional link to follow certain groups, not sure how good that coverage will be.

LetItBe 08-09-2007 12:02 AM

Re: PGA Championship Thread

Suhweet! Except for having to live through more brutal TNT graphics...but no matter, the HD makes it well worth it.

I think Rose can make a solid showing.

TripleH68 08-09-2007 01:21 AM

Alright. I will help get the ball rolling...

Geoff Ogilvy. Has played poorly in the majors this year. Played poorly this past Sunday. But he is a streaky player and should be coming into the event without a lot of attention or pressure. He is in a group with Sergio and gets an early time on Thursday - and I think both these things could help him.

fatshaft 08-09-2007 04:07 AM

Sergiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ZBTHorton 08-09-2007 04:22 AM

The darkhorse of the event is my boy Hunter Mahan. He won his first event a few weeks ago. Was the top US finisher at the British Open, and was 3 shots out of the lead last week heading into the final round.

fatshaft 08-09-2007 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The darkhorse of the event is my boy Hunter Mahan. He won his first event a few weeks ago. Was the top US finisher at the British Open, and was 3 shots out of the lead last week heading into the final round.

[/ QUOTE ]..and then blew up.

I'll go with history in that some small time American often wins this, Wetterich, Weekley or Duke for me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ligastar 08-09-2007 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...and has skyrocketed up the Presidents Cup standings (currently 14th).

ligastar 08-09-2007 09:05 AM

Great post tug.

High temperatures for the tourney:

Today - 98
Friday - 102
Saturday - 102
Sunday - 103

I don't know how they do it. I'm being serious. I had my annual Myrtle Trip in 80 degrees May and was a physical wreck on day 3.

esad 08-09-2007 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great post tug.

High temperatures for the tourney:

Today - 98
Friday - 102
Saturday - 102
Sunday - 103

I don't know how they do it. I'm being serious. I had my annual Myrtle Trip in 80 degrees May and was a physical wreck on day 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me be the first to predict that if he makes the cut Phold is likely to drop form a C-cup to a B-cup by Sunday.

(Had to get the ball rolling)

Also, my dark horse for this has to be David Toms. As a good Louisiana boy he grew up playing in this kind of heat and humidity. Should be nothing for him.

thisnamedoesntfi 08-09-2007 11:28 AM

Retief Goosen won a U.S Open here and is due to play well in a major. He's 2 under through 8 in the first round as I type. He's my pick.

Quick brag, I played this course in a College event long time ago...I holed my second on 12 for eagle, then eagled 13. Quick beat, I hit my second shot on 9 (my last hole) past the pin and spun it off the green....pitched up the hill about 6 feet long....putted off the green, pitched on again and two putted for a triple to finish at 74(4-over).

Hardest course I've ever played, given still conditions.