Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   basic 2-4 hand, raised on river (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=351223)

RoundTower 03-09-2007 05:02 PM

basic 2-4 hand, raised on river

2-4 PLO on the iPoker network last night. This is not a new network but just merged with Tribeca who probably gave it most of its Omaha players. I don't know the opp but he might know me, some players had to change their sns. He seems OK, on the aggressive side. Pretty active in small pots and has got caught in at least one medium-big bluff. Havenīt played any pots with him. He probably thinks I am overaggressive (assuming he has only played with me today) but I've just been catching a few cards. Don't know anything about his 3 betting tendencies and can't remember how he won his stack.

Guy with $400 or less (don't think he was any good) limps in MP, I raise pot to $16 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the SB. Villain reraises to $52 from BB. MP folds, I call. Effective stacks 700 or so.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check intending to raise. He checks. Turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check with no real plan. He checks. River J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet nearly the pot, $96 or something. He quickly raises the pot.

grizy 03-09-2007 05:06 PM

Re: basic 2-4 hand, raised on river

I don't really believe anyone in his right mind would raisethat river without the nuts after two checks. I amfolding almost all the time.

Simo_8ball 03-09-2007 05:37 PM

Don't overplay straights on paired boards. Bet less on the river.

Fold to the raise.

pete fabrizio 03-09-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really believe anyone in his right mind would raise that river without the nuts after two checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with this statement, but if I did this would be a super-easy call.

Full-Metall 03-09-2007 08:08 PM

call

Registrationtoo 03-09-2007 08:45 PM

im folding most of the time

MHP 03-09-2007 11:31 PM

Really this is probably 70% fold 30% call. If someone check raises the river- he usually has the goods. If he was trying to bluff - he may have just bet the river. I definately would check and call any bet he made on this river- but don't know about calling a checkraise like this because its a good chunk of your stack.

The villian 3 bet the flop... he may have something like AAxx? Thats a hand you can beat. Any hands like KKxx, TTxx, or JJxx and you lose. Hard to put him on a 6 here if he is 3 betting pre-flop unless he is aggressive. My guess is he either has kings full here or air. I call or fold based on my gut feeling. Its sick to find out he has a boat here, but the flop and turn check is pretty suspicious.

grizy 03-10-2007 10:25 AM

obviously I am exaggerating a little, but most of the time, especially against what's basically an unknown, I am folding.

Simo_8ball 03-10-2007 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really this is probably 70% fold 30% call. If someone check raises the river- he usually has the goods. If he was trying to bluff - he may have just bet the river. I definately would check and call any bet he made on this river- but don't know about calling a checkraise like this because its a good chunk of your stack.

The villian 3 bet the flop... he may have something like AAxx? Thats a hand you can beat. Any hands like KKxx, TTxx, or JJxx and you lose. Hard to put him on a 6 here if he is 3 betting pre-flop unless he is aggressive. My guess is he either has kings full here or air. I call or fold based on my gut feeling. Its sick to find out he has a boat here, but the flop and turn check is pretty suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain 3bet preflop. Not on the flop.
Villain didn't checkraise the river, he just raised it.
Calling a 'chunk of your stack' doesn't matter. This is cash, not tournament.

Not sure if that changes your opinion or not, but they are important differences.

pete fabrizio 03-10-2007 02:05 PM

I really like this spot, b/c it is so opp-dependant, but still not particularly close. A large percentage of people will have a full house here 100% of the time, and another large percent will be bluffing here 100% of the time.