Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

Zurvan 04-12-2007 12:29 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria

We're in must lynch on what is basically day 1. That's not a good thing

Boiler_bd 04-12-2007 12:40 PM

I understand Zurvan. Those two posts just didn't match. "I am 90% certain" vs "just trying to generate discussion".

My thoughts today are that we all claim. Bard is the only unknown role and that role is either the lynch during the blizzard (whose role was not revealed) or amoung us right now. That person might be able to clear themselves as bram said. If they can 100% clear themselves then they should try to make it 1 more night, if not come out now. If we do go 1 more night we will have a dead villager the next day. It would be wise to read up on their thoughts and try to see what conclusions they made and why.

The game is a new game as of 2 days ago. We were all pro-village until that point in time. We have info from yesterday, and today and tomarrow if we vote no lynch today. The other couple thousand posts are irrelevant except to determine bard/why Jeremy died.

I believe I was really the only person to express an opinion yesterday. I thought KM was villagery yesterday and that Traz would target some people for conversion over others, which led me to Zurvan. I still have a lot of thought to go though.

Zurvan 04-12-2007 12:59 PM

At this point, if the bard can prove their identity, they should stfu until tomorrow, and hope the wolves eat a vanilla. It makes for one less person who can make a mistake tomorrow.

Am I contradicting myself? A little. I think both coming out yesterday, but lying about their roles, was best. Given the current situation, we hope.

GetThere1Time 04-12-2007 01:41 PM

Anonymous Questions
================================================== =

Is it must lynch?

No. There will still be night as scheduled. If more time is needed then you can vote NO LYNCH but given this is an option night must fall as planned.

============================================
Can we use any powers that we had to use before must lynch?

No, perhaps I should have been more clear about the description but the intention of this rule was so that the ending of the game was not swayed by hidden powers on the final day. If any powers that were stipulated as "Usable before must lynch" were able to be used now, then they are potentially game ending and it was the intention of the mods to prevent this from happening.

BluffBlank 04-12-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At this point, if the bard can prove their identity, they should stfu until tomorrow, and hope the wolves eat a vanilla. It makes for one less person who can make a mistake tomorrow.

Am I contradicting myself? A little. I think both coming out yesterday, but lying about their roles, was best. Given the current situation, we hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we go no lynch and have the bard come out tomorrow, to try to give us a 50/50 chance. If he came out today we're at 33% regardless of if we go no lynch or not.

no lynch

Zurvan 04-12-2007 02:29 PM

Bluff: who do you think we should lynch tomorrow?

BluffBlank 04-12-2007 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My list would go:
boiler
zurvan
km

Just based off of tone reads from yesterday.

BluffBlank 04-12-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

6914194202683101119 269124238115

7111920 332095

- message to be decoded tomarrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

also, I'd like to know what this is.

KyrosMother 04-12-2007 03:03 PM

I think it was kinda obvious yesterday that Jeremy was the apprentice...

no lynch - now I understand why.

KyrosMother 04-12-2007 04:13 PM

So I have been thinking about boiler and Zurvan’s argument today re: how Traz was targeting his night kills.

If I was looking for targets that were less likely to be lynched, I would have chosen myself or Bluff.

If I was looking for targets that I didn’t think were power roles, I would have chosen myself or Zurvan.

Given that Jeremy is gone and I wasn’t converted – that means Bluff or Zurvan. So I probably won’t vote Boiler tomorrow (yes, I know this is somewhat shocking.) Right now I would vote Bluff over Zurvan. But I reserve the right to change my mind 100 more times before tomorrow....and no, that doesn't mean I am evil - just confused.

Boiler_bd 04-12-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

6914194202683101119 269124238115

7111920 332095

- message to be decoded tomarrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

also, I'd like to know what this is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll let you know tomarrow if I am alive. It isn't anything major. Let's all post lists today to increase info from tonight's nightkill. I think no lynch is correct. One less person to worry about.

For me: Zurvan > Bluff > KM as it stands.

KyrosMother 04-12-2007 04:48 PM

Boiler - if you are evil, I may have to quit WW forever.....

Boiler_bd 04-12-2007 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boiler - if you are evil, I may have to quit WW forever.....

[/ QUOTE ]

rest easy...although this response throws me for a loop.

Zurvan 04-12-2007 07:52 PM

If I'm voting today, it's boiler > bluff > km

We'll see tomorrow how that goes

Boiler_bd 04-12-2007 08:29 PM

vote no lynch

Zurvan 04-12-2007 08:44 PM

no lynch

GetThere1Time 04-12-2007 10:16 PM

NIGHT

The vote is for NO LYNCH.

Tomorrow will be must lynch

GetThere1Time 04-13-2007 01:08 PM

You quietly eat your stale bread and broth that you were brought for dinner. It's getting drafty in this dingy mud-floored cell. You wonder what you're doing here and why you were apprehended. Are you too late? Did the enemy already come and let the barbarians know of your presence? Your vision goes blurry. Your food must have been drugged to keep you complacent through the night.

You wake up to the slamming of bars. You look around you. You notice KyrosMother is not there. Your bard has vanished. Your iron cell opens and large jailors drag you through a long dark hall. You and the last two Hawks stumble groggily in the direction you're being pulled. The hall is dark but it gets lighter. There's a turn here and there. It feels like you're in a maze. Then up some steps. Finally you see the light of day. You're still inside but there is a huge skylight above you. The morning sun burns your eyes as you look around the room.

"Greetings, travellers. I am the High Priestess Kel'Nedra. Welcome to my city."

You're begining to get your bearings. In front of you is the same slim crimson-robed figure from the marketplace, a woman, sitting neatly on a throne of gold. Two men with halberds stand firmly by her side. You look around the room. It appears you're inside the stone temple located in the heart of the city. To your left and right there are guards with similar looking armor and weapons to the ones near the throne. They make a large column leading up to the priestess.

"Congratulations on reaching here, travelers. Perhaps your journey was not fruitless. You see, here in the north we tire of the war and strife that encompasses us. While Eleria and The Black Kingdom fight, we suffer. We cannot travel. We cannot trade. We must remain here in this frozen waste. But no more my worthy adventurers. The people of the north wish to unify this continent. There will be one more war and it will be a final one. The Northern Empire will choose their ally and make swift work of those that remain, but we WILL NOT ally with the weak and pitiful. That is why I prepared a test. "

Kel'Nedra stands and begins to pace about while she speaks.

"A messenger was sent to each kingdom, one to Eleria and one into the heart of evil. The finest warriors were prepared from each side. Yes, that means some of you were infiltrated by the Elerian Military. Likewise, others from the Black Kingdom were among your ranks. Of course, some were normal soldiers-for-hire but they were some of the finest soldiers in the land and all with friends or family rooted in Eleria. So you were brought together, starting from neutral ground, to journey here. "

The priestess sits back down and crosses her legs delicately. Her voice becomes even more smug than before.

"Yes, that's right. This was a test. After all, if Eleria cannot cull the enemy from it's own ranks, how am I to expect them to be a strong ally to fight with me against the Black Kingdom? There are three of you left. One of you is a spy from the Black Kingdom, the other two are Elerians. You will all give me a name. I will execute this person right here in front of you all. If this person is the evil spy, I will join forces with Eleria to defeat the dark enemy. If this person is Elerian, I will join forces with the darkness and crush Eleria under an iron fist. Choose wisely, adventurers."

There will be no night time and this day will go on as long as it needs to. When you are ready to vote, you most vote like this: lock playerx. Only then will your vote count. Once you do this you will not be able to unvote. Remember, you may still bold and unbold as you please. Only lock playerx. will be your vote.

BluffBlank
Boiler_BD
Zurvan

IT IS NOW THE FINAL DAY

Zurvan 04-13-2007 01:13 PM

Boiler: what's up with that code?

Bluff: what's up with not saying anything since the conversion?

Boiler_bd 04-13-2007 01:18 PM

Yeah, I kind of assumed either of you would kill KM. After careful analysis of recent day events I think I am going bluff (about 73.12%). Yes, I would expect Traz to target Zurvan over bluff, but I think Zurvan has been regular Zurvan the last 2 days and bluff had what? 4 posts total?

I still want to hear why Zurvan had me as "90% certain" evil and then retracted that statement.

That "code" btw was only for cover, it was just random numbers. I knew going in if I could get night killed it would be a huge plus (1 confirmed in final 3) plus I know I'm going to get myself into trouble especially with the players remaining.

Zurvan 04-13-2007 01:25 PM

Boiler: I actually had bluff as 90% certain wolf, and you as 90% certain Bard. I regretted my comment about 90% after I made it, because I didn't want to say what I really thought. I knew there was no way you would get lynched yesterday.

I wanted somebody else to respond to my comments besides you, which is why I didn't do much explaining. We're really dealing with a near zero information situation here, and I was trying to generate something.

Zurvan 04-13-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I knew there was no way you would get lynched yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

To expand... which is why I felt safe accusing you to draw a reaction from Bluff / KM, and hoping that it would keep you alive last night. It worked, but for the wrong reason. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Boiler_bd 04-13-2007 01:35 PM

I'm pretty happy with that Zurvan. I really want to hear what bluff has to say today.

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There hasn't been much to discuss except whether or not to vote no lynch, and my lynch order list. I'm rereading the last two days now. Notes as I go:

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who is not a vanillager needs to step forward now...

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems odd, as we didn't want power roles to step forward, since it didn't give us any benefit, but would allow the wolf to off the power roles. Wolf points for boiler.

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, the apprentice & the bard should be coming out now.

That leaves 3 unknowns. It really cuts down on who we need to look at tomorrow

[/ QUOTE ]

Now zurvan wants them to come out. Agreeing with someone's bad idea is more +wolf points then putting the idea out there.

then boiler does the code thing. This doesn't seem like something that a wolf would do. +villager points for boiler.

boiler then says:

[ QUOTE ]

If I am the apprentice I would peek Zurvan.

[/ QUOTE ]

If boiler was evil, I would think he would only do this get the apprentice to waste a peek. But jeremy was killed and not zurvan. +villager points

Zurvan then initially pushes for lynching instead of no lynching, but changes his mind. I view this as neutral/slighly wolfy. He was really all over the place.

[ QUOTE ]
My list would go:
boiler
zurvan
km

[/ QUOTE ]

that's my list. currently it's switched with zurvan > boiler. But I think my list makes it more likely zurvan would've kept me alive and boiler would've killed me. +wolf to zurvan

[ QUOTE ]
If I was looking for targets that I didn’t think were power roles, I would have chosen myself or Zurvan.

[/ QUOTE ]

KM's post, which i'm going to lend some thought to. I would assume traz was looking for non-power roles, which were corruptible. +wolf to zurvan

[ QUOTE ]
I'll let you know tomarrow if I am alive. It isn't anything major. Let's all post lists today to increase info from tonight's nightkill. I think no lynch is correct. One less person to worry about.

For me: Zurvan > Bluff > KM as it stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

boiler's list. the same argument i made about mine points more to boiler then zurvan. +village zurvan +wolf boiler

right now I'm 70% sure i'm going zurvan.

Zurvan 04-13-2007 02:37 PM

So, did you purposely skip today's posts, or did they just not appear for you or something?

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, did you purposely skip today's posts, or did they just not appear for you or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean the two that were made before I started rereading? I quoted yours and skipped boilers. His post seems genuine. More +village for him. Your overreaction to me not including two posts (one, really) moves you further into +wolf.

Zurvan 04-13-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Zurvan then initially pushes for lynching instead of no lynching, but changes his mind. I view this as neutral/slighly wolfy. He was really all over the place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually talked about this in my post today. Which you ignored.

[ QUOTE ]

his seems odd, as we didn't want power roles to step forward, since it didn't give us any benefit, but would allow the wolf to off the power roles. Wolf points for boiler

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody saying something you disagree with makes them a wolf? Huh?

And, if you read my posts yesterday, I clearly wanted the Bard & Fortuneteller to switch roles when they came out, so we could hopefully get a peek, of either the final wolf or a confirmed villager.

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody saying something you disagree with makes them a wolf? Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, somebody suggesting a strategy that is only good for the wolves makes them more likely to be evil.

[ QUOTE ]
And, if you read my posts yesterday, I clearly wanted the Bard & Fortuneteller to switch roles when they came out, so we could hopefully get a peek, of either the final wolf or a confirmed villager.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course you claim that's what you wanted yesterday, but you still suggested they come out the day before. It's easy to say afterwards "just kidding guys, I actually wanted them to do this"

[ QUOTE ]
I actually talked about this in my post today. Which you ignored.

[/ QUOTE ]

where? I see your question post. one talking about your 90% boiler is evil post. I guess you mean that one. You were trying to generate discussion on it then? I posted about it stating the math and why we should vote no lynch.

Boiler_bd 04-13-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There hasn't been much to discuss except whether or not to vote no lynch, and my lynch order list. I'm rereading the last two days now. Notes as I go:

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff did you not see the importance in the village remaining active after the conversion? More info the better obviously.

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff did you not see the importance in the village remaining active after the conversion? More info the better obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt everyone posting a list of their top wolf choices would be the best information we could get. I'm not sure how there could be much conversation about lynch/no lynch. it's a pretty cut and dry issue.

My early strategy in games (which this was essentially a day 1 situation) is to read much more then I post, and try to pick up on wolfy posts. That's what i've done the last 2 days. That's where my first list came from. That's what I'm doing now. Meanwhile, zurvan is crafting an argument for me that doesn't even make sense. And it seems awfully like he had this argument for me in mind and ready to post, which is why he kept me alive.

Boiler_bd 04-13-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My list would go:
boiler
zurvan
km

Just based off of tone reads from yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff, why did you think I was evil yesterday? Zurvan thought I was 90% Bard, KM said she would "quit WW" if I turned up evil and yet you had me as your #1 suspect.

My thinking is that you did this thinking ahead to today. We all thought KM was clear so you killed her, then you get Zurvan and I going after eachother (which we were yesterday). Wouldn't a villager see my code as a possible power role have me as such until proven otherwise?

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bluff, why did you think I was evil yesterday? Zurvan thought I was 90% Bard, KM said she would "quit WW" if I turned up evil and yet you had me as your #1 suspect.

My thinking is that you did this thinking ahead to today. We all thought KM was clear so you killed her, then you get Zurvan and I going after eachother (which we were yesterday). Wouldn't a villager see my code as a possible power role have me as such until proven otherwise?

[/ QUOTE ]

On first reading your posts yesterday, they seems more fluff then anything, which I read as wolfy. The code initially came off to me as wolfy too, but the more I thought about it the more I didn't think a wolf would do that. And I reread the rest of your posts with that in mind, and it looked to me more like you were trying to get night killed then evil.

Zurvan 04-13-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My early strategy in games (which this was essentially a day 1 situation) is to read much more then I post, and try to pick up on wolfy posts. That's what i've done the last 2 days. That's where my first list came from. That's what I'm doing now. Meanwhile, zurvan is crafting an argument for me that doesn't even make sense. And it seems awfully like he had this argument for me in mind and ready to post, which is why he kept me alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

THat's fine, if it was actually day one, and not near must lynch. But you're a traditionally UTR wolf, and you participated a fair bit in this game... until the conversion. Then you disappeared.

Your whole case against me revolves around me wanting the named villagers to come otu the day we lynched traz. That's basically calling me a wolf because you disagree with my strategy. THat's [censored]. The only one of us whose posting style has changed since the conversion is you.

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your whole case against me revolves around me wanting the named villagers to come otu the day we lynched traz. That's basically calling me a wolf because you disagree with my strategy. THat's [censored]. The only one of us whose posting style has changed since the conversion is you.

[/ QUOTE ]

no my case against you also includes how you're throwing all this "evidence" on me about ignoring today's posts and being utr.

I've been participating less now then I was before?? How so? Here's my post counts per day for the Eleria thread:

4/2/07 - 4
4/3/07 - 3
4/4/07 - 8
4/5/07 - 3
4/6/07 - 2
4/10/07 - 2
4/11/07 - 4
4/3/07 - 3

wow, that's convincing. your case is ridiculous. There is no way you're not the wolf.

zurvan

Zurvan 04-13-2007 05:07 PM

If you're gonna do it, make it count

Boiler_bd 04-13-2007 06:10 PM

Well I haven't seen anything today to convince me otherwise. Zurvan still seems like a villager and bluff seems to be stretching a bit. I was looking for some unique thought or villagerness which has been absent. He went through the thread the last few days and said (+ villager) or (- villager) points for this or that.

Well that isn't hard to fake obviously, not going to convince me of anything.

I'll give you one more chance bluff to convince me not to vote you.

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 06:50 PM

have you read zurvan's arguments against me?

His first post is "where have you been" then he says I'm not participating as much as before. which is not true.

You question me changing my list from yesterday, where I had you at the top, and zurvan 2nd, but he's done the same thing. His excuse is "I did that to get reactions".

I called zurvan out about him claiming i wasn't participating as much as I did earlier, and his response didn't address it at all. I honestly can't believe you can read the posts today and still say "yeah zurvan is more villagry then bluff".

Look at it from this perspective. Zurvan has been pushing for me today with incredibly weak and inconstant arguments, and arguments that read incredibly prepared. It just seems completely fake to me.

If you're just going to look and say "well bluff was utr the last two days, must be him" then look at how I played the rest of the game. few posts. utr. looking for posts that have a wolf tone to them. the same way i've played these last two days.

I'm not sure what you mean by some unique thought or villagerness. my +/- villager thing was for me, and I posted it to show you my thought process as I read through the thread. I don't know what else you'd want from me.

I've never made it this far in a long game, and never been anywhere close to the final three, I really want this to be clear to you, but I dont know what else I can do!

We've got this boiler!

zurvan
zurvan
zurvan
zurvan

Zurvan 04-13-2007 07:00 PM

Bluff: you are aware of the lock vote thing, aren't you?

Boiler_bd 04-13-2007 07:27 PM

Well I don't feel like I should be the first to vote in this instance, but I don't see myself changing and I am impatient.

lock bluff

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bluff: you are aware of the lock vote thing, aren't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that there's no unvoting.

lock zurvan if i have to do that.