Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

KyrosMother 04-11-2007 02:00 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria

I do not get the "no lynch" tomorrow. Explain it to me.

Also, I think we are kidding oursleves if we think there is only the convertible left. Given the poll, I still think the chances of there being two evils (outside of Traz) left are very high. And if I am right - I think "no lynch" tomorrow is a very bad idea.

Zurvan 04-11-2007 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you purposely say stupid [censored] to piss me off, or can you just not help yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zurvan, do you honestly think Traz was using rand to decide his nightkill? Since he wasn't we can try to get inside his head here and maybe eliminate some suspects.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT????!!!???

HE WAS LOOKING FOR A RANDOMLY SELECTED VANILLAGER. HE HAD NO WAY IN HELL OF DETERMINING WHO THE CORRUPTIBLE WAS.

If anything, he was guiding his kills based on a "power role" read, and avoiding those players.

KyrosMother 04-11-2007 02:02 PM

Which also means Jeremy just sky-rocketed up my radar as the converted...

Boiler_bd 04-11-2007 02:10 PM

ok, I'll try to explain my thought process here...

Right now the game would be over if there were 3 evils left since it would be 3 good and 3 evil. So we must assume it is Traz and the convertible villager left. Sorry KM, you were wrong on me again this game...

We need to put ourselves in Traz's shoes. Who does he go after with his night kills? Ever since bram was outed and the seer hunt ended he is exclusively looking for the convertible villager. His choices were mets first and wdc second. Now there is no clues to distinguish one person from another, so IMO he has to look for the player, if converted, is most likely to avoid being lynched. He choose mets/books first off. These are vets very experienced at being a wolf and have had success. The two remaining players that fit this description are KM/Zurvan. This doesn't mean we say Jeremy/Bluff/myself cannot be evil, it just gives us a good starting point.

Ok, claimaments...
I believe no claims today, then no lynch tomarrow is the play. If we have 2 people claiming one role tomarrow that is fine. It narrows down our choices. Theoretically the power roles can prove themselves anyway. I don't think the remaining evil will claim anything other than villager.

We vote no lynch tomarrow probably. If the night kill is obvious then we may not want to (since it doesn't help), but what it does is narrows down the hiding room for the last evil, and we only have 1 lynch left anyway.

BluffBlank 04-11-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think we are kidding oursleves if we think there is only the convertible left. Given the poll, I still think the chances of there being two evils (outside of Traz) left are very high. And if I am right - I think "no lynch" tomorrow is a very bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with KM that no lynch is a bad idea. Even with a small chance of their being 2 evils, it would be a pretty big mistake.

Jeremy517 04-11-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with KM that no lynch is a bad idea. Even with a small chance of their being 2 evils, it would be a pretty big mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no chance that there is an evil besides traz and the corrupted villager. 1) Everyone was peeked by thebram 2) The game would be over right now because it would be 3-3.

BluffBlank 04-11-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right now the game would be over if there were 3 evils left since it would be 3 good and 3 evil. So we must assume it is Traz and the convertible villager left. Sorry KM, you were wrong on me again this game...

[/ QUOTE ]

that's right... maybe no lynch isn't a bad idea. I'm going to have to think about it some more.

Zurvan 04-11-2007 02:14 PM

Boiler: you're giving traz the wrong motivations for his night targets. He doesn't know if his corruptible villager is an easy lynch, or a hard one. All he knows is that it's a villager, not a power role. He'll be targetting among the group of people he considers villagers that aren't power roles.

All of us currently alive in this game have had little to no pressure on us. Especially the last few days. We were all unlikely to be lynched before Mark/FCBL, etc. To say that KM & I are better targets than you other 3 is beyond ridiculous.

KyrosMother 04-11-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry KM, you were wrong on me again this game...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is exactly what FMX said....

I can see the wolf chat now.

FMX: KM suspects me. Damn. Should we kill her?
Boiler: Nah...
FMX: But she suspects you too...
Boiler: She always suspects me. Ignore her....better yet, just tell her how wrong she is, that always works with her...
FMX: OK, great plan!!

Boiler_bd 04-11-2007 02:28 PM

lol KM, it's mathematically impossible you realize?

Zurvan 04-11-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm about 100% certain it's not mathematically impossible for you to be evil

Jeremy517 04-11-2007 02:32 PM

I think he's saying it wasn't possible for those two to be in a chat together.

Zurvan 04-11-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he's saying it wasn't possible for those two to be in a chat together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I see. Maybe he just can't help himself?

KyrosMother 04-11-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is mathematically impossible?

Boiler_bd 04-11-2007 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For me (or anyone else except traz) to be evil before today.

Jeremy517 04-11-2007 02:43 PM

KM piling on late onto every discussion is a little suspicious. Her reply to traz sounded a bit forced also.

KyrosMother 04-11-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain, please.

Jeremy517 04-11-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

The corrupted villager was corrupted last night. fmxda was dead long before that, and thus never would have been able to chat with the corrupted villager.

KyrosMother 04-11-2007 02:57 PM

But that is assuming that the other evil was xoom. This is not a good assumption to make, IMHO.

Jeremy517 04-11-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But that is assuming that the other evil was xoom. This is not a good assumption to make, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there were three evils left, the game would be over right now. Xoom has to have been evil.

Boiler_bd 04-11-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If there were three evils left, the game would be over right now. Xoom has to have been evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft, unless the village has a vigilante left or something the best we could do is 3/3 - 2/2 - 1/1 (lynching an evil every day), and in that case still lose.

Boiler_bd 04-11-2007 04:09 PM

6914194202683101119 269124238115

7111920 332095

- message to be decoded tomarrow.

BluffBlank 04-11-2007 04:13 PM

Ok 6 people today. we lynch traz and we're at 5.

Evil kills someone we're at 4, should we lynch or not?

assuming we have both confirms, we'll have a 50/50 of lynching the evil. if we have only 1 confirmed we'll have a 33% chance.

If we don't lynch, then in the final 3, if we had two confirmed we'll have 1 left, and it'll be 50/50. if we had 1 confirmed in final 4, then we'll have no confirmed in final 3 and we'll have a 33% chance.

so apparently, it doesn't really matter either way, does it? Or did I mess something up in there?

Boiler_bd 04-11-2007 04:17 PM

yeah bluff, I can see pros and cons either way. We'll see how confident we are of our best villager reads tomarrow. If have a credible claim or what not we may want to lynch. We'll still have a 33% or 50% chance the next day anyway, and it takes 3 to lynch instead of 2 so we'd have to have 2 villagers misread the situation.

Of course if we vote no lynch we get another day to analyze.

KyrosMother 04-11-2007 04:23 PM

FYI,

I went back and reread theBram's posts about the power roles. He said the apprentice and bard know each other and can communicate. Therefore, I am assuming the apprentice and bard are still communicating somehow.

After reading today, I would peek Bluff if I were the apprentice.

So, boiler, who would you peek?

KyrosMother 04-11-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

7111920 332095

[/ QUOTE ]

It better not say "Kyrosmother is an idiot" [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Boiler_bd 04-11-2007 04:34 PM

If I am the apprentice I would peek Zurvan.

traz 04-11-2007 04:35 PM

If I am the apprentice I would peek traz. That guy's supiscious imo

Boiler_bd 04-11-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

7111920 332095

[/ QUOTE ]

It better not say "Kyrosmother is an idiot" [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

never [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BluffBlank 04-11-2007 05:39 PM

traz

I think i forgot to vote before.

GetThere1Time 04-11-2007 10:05 PM

-NIGHT

GetThere1Time 04-11-2007 10:19 PM

You find Traz slinking through the market. Lying low and blending in isnt going to help him here. One of your men silently converges on Traz through the hustle and bustle and slides a dagger neatly into his lower back. He then vanishes once again as Traz falls to his knees.

Traz, the illusionist, has been eliminated.

Mod Note: There will be no events for the remainder of the game but there will still be write ups and perhaps the occasional midday flavor.

traz 04-11-2007 10:21 PM

gl hf

GetThere1Time 04-12-2007 11:02 AM

Night falls in the barbarian city. The five of you have journeyed long and hard. Traz, the illusionist, is dead. This is the home stretch of your journey. You lay in your grass bed and stare at the ceiling. The thatched roof of this shoddy hovel leaks a bit from melting snow but you find it to be a soothing metronome in the black of night. You ponder what Traz had said before his escape into the city. There's another traitor in the group and very few of you left. Your mind races with paranoia. You cant let this journey be for nothing. There is much at stake. Your mind turns to fame, riches, and even the possibility of a safe kingdom to retire to as your mind enters a dreamy sleep induced haze.

...then heavy footsteps and a crash through your paper thin door. Before you can come out of your half-asleep state, you're seized by two large men who begin to drag you out of the room. You try to break free but your struggle is halted by a loud thud. You feel a sharp pain in the back of your head. You can make out a blood red body in the bed in the far corner through your blurred vision before you black out completely. It was Jeremy517, the new Fortuneteller. He is dead.

When you come to consciousness the first thing you see are iron bars. The other Hawks share your tiny cell with you.

Bluffblank
boiler_bd
Kyrosmother
Zurvan

It is now DAY

You may still vote NO LYNCH

Zurvan 04-12-2007 11:22 AM

It's a good thing Jeremy and "the bard" didn't come out yesterday. I'm glad it wasn't blatantly obvious who the two of them were. At least had they come out as opposite roles we might have gotten a peek out of it.

I'm about 90% certain who the last wolf is, but I'm not saying. I do think no lynch is the way to go.

No Lynch

Zurvan 04-12-2007 11:36 AM

Actually, I've changed my mind on the no lynch.

unvote

I'm thinking boiler

Boiler_bd 04-12-2007 12:21 PM

why Zurvan?

Zurvan 04-12-2007 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why Zurvan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?

Before yesterday, we were all villagers, right? All we have to go on is what happened yesterday, and what happens today.

We can't get much from yesterday, since it was an obvious lynch.

We need to discuss candidates now, and if we have a good one, lynch them, instead of blindly no lynching, and being stuck in this predicament tomorrow with one less villager. If we do that, we lose the game.

Boiler_bd 04-12-2007 12:27 PM

That wasn't the answer I was expecting from someone who is 90% confident.

Zurvan 04-12-2007 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That wasn't the answer I was expecting from someone who is 90% confident.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boiler: I'm trying to start some discussion here. You know, instead of what we've been doing for the last week and a half, which hasn't gotten us anywhere at all.