Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Jesse Boulerice suspended 25 games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521682)

jeramy576 10-12-2007 06:18 PM

Jesse Boulerice suspended 25 games

For break his stick across the face of Ryan Kesler.
Jesse hit

Steve Downie was suspended 20 games for a brutal hit on former Flyer Dean McAmmond.
Steve Downie hit

WTF is up with my Flyers? They're crossing the line with brutality

bottomset 10-12-2007 06:33 PM

Re: Jesse Boulerice suspended 25 games

man that second one is a brutal hit

jeramy576 10-12-2007 06:41 PM

Yea, I cringe everytime I see that [censored]. THat's just uncalled for!

Golden_Rhino 10-12-2007 06:55 PM

Sooner or later the league will have to suspend one of these clowns for life. I love the violence of hockey, but sticks to the head are stupid and cowardly.

SmileyEH 10-12-2007 08:12 PM

Wow. [censored] meatheads. 20 games no pay plus a couple hundred grand in fines seems about right.

g-bebe 10-12-2007 08:15 PM

thankfully they got this one right

vin17 10-12-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really, IMO. No more than 2 weeks after Downie gets 20 games, Boulerice decides to break his stick on someone's face.

Until Colin Campbell/the NHL banishes one of these goons for life, the message will not be sent.

bones 10-12-2007 10:11 PM

Probably best for Boulerice that he used his stick and didn't try to drop his gloves

MikeRice 10-13-2007 12:03 AM

25 ties the record for longest ever in the NHL. This is pretty much right on par with Simon's from last year. It's run as a legal system with precedents and such you can't just look at an isolated incident and say 50 games. He's technically a repeat offender with the OHL baseball swing which was way worse than this but CPA rules say offenses in none NHL/AHL games don't count so 25 is right on par considering Kessler got up and practiced the next day. I think intent is more important than result but it seems to be the other way around in determining discipline.

Triumph36 10-13-2007 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really, IMO. No more than 2 weeks after Downie gets 20 games, Boulerice decides to break his stick on someone's face.

Until Colin Campbell/the NHL banishes one of these goons for life, the message will not be sent.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh gimme a [censored] break - boulerice is a 50-50 shot never to play in the NHL again, he wasn't a particularly good fighter/enforcer, and he's had two incidents where he's just lost it on the ice.

a lifetime ban could never be enforced. however, for a guy like boulerice who's probably only made $2-3 million in his career, the loss of that money and probable waiving/demotion could hurt quite a bit.