Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   117k poker tracker stats.. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397698)

adrix 05-07-2007 06:27 PM

117k poker tracker stats..

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5646/statsls0.png

any advice ?

kerowo 05-07-2007 06:30 PM

Re: 117k poker tracker stats..

Too tight pre-flop and a good example of what happens to your win rate if you fold too much. (Isn't that what a 30 wts 50 wasd means?)

fretelöo 05-07-2007 06:34 PM

Learn to value-bet, learn to steal.

nerdking 05-07-2007 06:34 PM

agreed. loosen up preflop and work on your post-flop play.

30wts is perfect, from what i understand.

kerowo 05-07-2007 06:36 PM

Yea, I've never been clear on those and find myself running around 33/33 give or take, although there is always the loverly 40/20 tables that drive me insane. OP must be finding a way to lose the big pots and win the small ones to have that low of a BB/100.

adrix 05-07-2007 06:37 PM

and about blind play ?

OziBattler 05-07-2007 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any advice ?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes.

for starters. you are too tight postflop. please read the FAQ at the top of this forum as it has good explanation of good ranges.

i best be more specific.
1. you dont play enough hands preflop and likely dont understand/utilise the power of position (look at your stats as you move from UTG to button)
2. you can raise more preflop. your PFR falls into a percentage that screams "plays by a preflop chart"
3. you dont steal enough. many of the better players here steal upwards of 40%
4. you dont CR enough. ill guess that you only CR inthe most obvious spots

All of the above indicates that you avoid tough spots preflop. Generally speaking, you need to learn to find positions to play more hands preflop. This includes isolation raises and aggresive blind stealing. Stealing more will increase your VPIP and PFR

Its not all bad though...I just picked on the obvious bad stuff. Now, you should also take part in the session reviews organised in this forum, post some hands, reply to alot more and get berated and learn from it.

you have 1 post....since i took the time to reply I will be really disappointed if you dont start getting that postcount up. you can get alot out of this forum but only if you put in the effort

nerdking 05-07-2007 06:38 PM

with my current downswing situation, let's not talk about winning small pots and losing big ones

heh

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

bung 05-07-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, I've never been clear on those and find myself running around 33/33 give or take

[/ QUOTE ]

Second time I see that.....please explain 33/33? Isn't wtsd just one number?

kerowo 05-07-2007 07:28 PM

I shorthanded seeing show down and winning at show down.

bung 05-07-2007 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I shorthanded seeing show down and winning at show down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kerowo, so that's wtsd/w$sd?

kerowo 05-07-2007 07:39 PM

wtsd = Went To Show Down, how many times you see the other guy's cards on the river.
w$sd = Won Money at Show Down, how many times you won the pot when you see the other guy's cards on the river.

Is that what you are asking?

Shillx 05-07-2007 07:42 PM

You play too tight. Raise more PF. You seem to value bet decently well (72% W$SD when betting the river). That figure certainly could go down a bit though. I don't know what the idea # is...maybe 66-68%?

kerowo 05-07-2007 07:47 PM

One thing to remember OP, is that stats are not predictive, they are descriptive. That is, you can see how you play by looking at the stats but you can't improve your win rate by just hitting a certain pfr or vpip stat.

adrix 05-07-2007 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing to remember OP, is that stats are not predictive, they are descriptive. That is, you can see how you play by looking at the stats but you can't improve your win rate by just hitting a certain pfr or vpip stat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not understood this....

OziBattler 05-07-2007 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not understood this....

[/ QUOTE ]

let me help. I said you need to play more hands preflop, raise more preflop and steal more. You could easily do what I suggest and lose money as a result because you may not play those extra hands well.....your win rate would go down even though your stats would be 'better'

heres the thing though, if you never start playing more hands you are limiting your growth as a poker player. for a change of pace can I suggest you play some 6max..doing that, even if only ocassionally, will help you learn to play shorthanded.

kerowo 05-07-2007 08:03 PM

You should worry about playing better poker not about having a certain stat within 1 or 2 percent of some golden number. You could play at the optimum vpip by mindless folding 8.5 hands out of 10 raising half of the hands you play and still not understand what is going on. Most of the players who have been around for a while stopped worrying about stats shortly after their 100k stat hand post. Use your stats as another window in your game to locate leaks, but don't be driven by them.

00Snitch 05-07-2007 08:04 PM

lol how can you play 117k hands at 0.25/0.50?

I would say that given your stupidly tight vpip, your wtsd and w$sd should be way higher. So should your w$wsf. Do you c-bet much?

You are way too tight in the blinds. I would honest to god raise with any two cards when stealing from you.

One things this shows is that weak-tight play will make you a winner, just not a big winner.

Kerowo, I don't think your wtsd/w#sd is 33/33.... What are you talking about?

kerowo 05-07-2007 08:13 PM

You are right, I was missremembering. In my 15k .25/.50 hands I'm basically 36/50.

MrWookie 05-07-2007 08:14 PM

Seriously, is playing 117k hands of 0.25/0.50 at 13/7 stats worth $700? I don't really think so.

My advice is to play 5k-ish hands where you open up to at least 18/9, preferably more like 22/11, and then move up.

Aaron W. 05-07-2007 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, is playing 117k hands of 0.25/0.50 at 13/7 stats worth $700? I don't really think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about this, too. 16-tabling at 50 hands/hour (full table) means 800 hands/hour. This amounts to 146.25 hours of poker. That's a real-time profit of less than $5 per hour. More likely, this was 4-6 tabling and OP is making $2 an hour...

Another side-comment: Those stats look very bot-ish. I'm not accusing OP of using a bot, but the stats are so position unaware and nittish for so many hands reminds me of a very poorly programmed bot. Maybe I'm saying that OP plays like a bot.

MrWookie 05-07-2007 09:31 PM

Yeah, I didn't even look at the positional awareness. OP, can you show me a shot of the sessions tab? I'm curious how much time this was over.

kerowo 05-07-2007 09:36 PM

I hope we aren't doing requirements gathering for some low-down no-good four-flushing double-dealing bot programmer.

bung 05-07-2007 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are right, I was missremembering. In my 15k .25/.50 hands I'm basically 36/50.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, that's what I was thinking!!

00Snitch 05-07-2007 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Those stats look very bot-ish

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. How the hell else do you sit through 100k+ hands at 50/1 for $700?

00Snitch 05-07-2007 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

hope we aren't doing requirements gathering for some low-down no-good four-flushing double-dealing bot programmer

[/ QUOTE ]

yer, that too.

skelm 05-07-2007 11:35 PM

I can't find any posts showing good starting hands? Generally I've played top 10 hands under the gun and and added suited connectors for mid to late positions and mixed it up now and then so I'm not too predictable. Can someone tell me somewhere that I can find a post to help me on my way to understanding pre-flop play a bit better?

MrWookie 05-07-2007 11:40 PM

Top 10 hands? Have you been reading Hellmuth's book, too? Steps to becoming a better poker player:

1. Forget Hellmuth's book.
2. Buy Small Stakes Hold'em
3. Read it.
4. ???
5. Profit!

bennyhana 05-07-2007 11:57 PM

wow, you played 117k hands of .25/.50 with that vpip? omg, don't you want poker to be fun? that's got to be the most boring game evar.

dude, try raising and pushing people around. see if they fight back. work on your reads. profile some players and try to exploit their weaknesses. don't just fold all the time. GAG.

bung 05-08-2007 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't find any posts showing good starting hands? Generally I've played top 10 hands under the gun and and added suited connectors for mid to late positions and mixed it up now and then so I'm not too predictable. Can someone tell me somewhere that I can find a post to help me on my way to understanding pre-flop play a bit better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mod edit: Link removed out of respect for the copyright of our hosts.

skelm 05-08-2007 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Top 10 hands? Have you been reading Hellmuth's book, too? Steps to becoming a better poker player:

1. Forget Hellmuth's book.
2. Buy Small Stakes Hold'em
3. Read it.
4. ???
5. Profit!

[/ QUOTE ]

So perhaps I did read this book [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Going to pick up Small Stakes Hold 'Em tonight! Thanks for the input.

OziBattler 05-08-2007 01:46 AM

adrix, are you going to take me up on the challenge to actually get involved in teh forum or are you going to disappear into the night? Do you want to actually get better at poker or do you want to continue with your weaktight (bottish-like) play?

seriously, we are used to seeing strangers who post stat posts asking for advice but who never contribute and then disappear .... whilst Ill never know for sure what happens to people who do this I would bet that they dont end up being as good at poker as the people who stick around and actually learn to play poker. You are not as good at poker as you think you are, im not as good as I think I am. People with high postcounts here arent posting because are 100% devoted to helping others win money...they do so because they want to get better at poker and win money from people who suck less than they do [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

so unless you are infact a bot programmer you have no reason to be afraid to actually post in this forum. ok?

00Snitch 05-08-2007 01:58 AM

kickbanlockdeletethread pls.

OziBattler 05-08-2007 02:10 AM

I want to give OP an change to come back and answer some of the questions he was asked (eg Wookie wants to see a timeframe for the 117k hands) and prove everyone wrong...Im not that hopeful though so dont be surprised if one of us greens locks it sooner or later.

sparky3474 05-08-2007 06:40 AM

Guys, I am trying to learn this game and if I get blasted again I just won't hang around here. I have 3000 hands over 5 weeks (I know, not enough hands) but my stats are not changing. I want to learn as I go, I do not want to have 10000 hands and everybody tell me you should have done this or that. I am to tight and do not raise enough ie 18.7/6.1 I basically play starting hands that would fall into the loose table guidelines of SSHE. Do I need to start raising AJs, KQs, KJs and QJs from MP with a raise in front of me? Is SSHE chart to tight, I read an archieved post where Miller says if he would make the chart now it would be different. This guy has 117K hands and won't answer, help me, I will. Show me the starting hand chart that will loosen me up. see here http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...te_id/1#import
Here is starting hand quiz
Quick raising quiz. Which of these hands would you raise?

1. Two players call to you on the button with QJs.

2. One player calls to you on the button with A9o.

3. Three players call, including the small blind. You have 99 in the big blind.

4. Button limps, small blind calls, and you have A7s in the big blind.

5. One player limps to you in MP with KJo.

6. One player limps. You have 77 in the SB.

The answer was raise them all, well 2 and 5 are not in the SSHE chart. Help me now, I am willing to work at my game

00Snitch 05-08-2007 07:11 AM

without reading the post:

1) call
2) fold or raise
3) check
4) check
5) this is a bit trickier, a bit villan dependant, you could probably make an argument for raising, calling or folding. I probably raise more often
6. hrmmm, probably raise this one.

oh, just got to the bottom of that... well, i guess i fail [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

00Snitch 05-08-2007 07:15 AM

As for the rest of the post:

Always raise AJs/KQs with no raise infront. I don't know what to do with KJs and QJs, I kinda limp and raise depending on whats happening. Ill raise if i think it will get me the button after a couple of limpers, ill limp other times after a couple of limpers, ill raise after a limper if i think it will thin the field, i will always raise first in.

hope that helps

Dr. Matt 05-08-2007 07:16 AM

1. Raise, 2. Raise, 3. check, 4. check, 5. raise, 6. this one can't be answered unless we know where this player limped from and who he is.

00Snitch 05-08-2007 07:17 AM

whooo-hooo, the doc mostly agrees with me.

sparky3474 05-08-2007 07:46 AM

Guys, you did miserable according to Ed Miller (we do treat him with great respect, right)they are all raises, go read the post, how do you get your vpip and pfr up without being on the edge more. http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...te_id/1#import