Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   uNL 1 year report card (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529529)

EMc 10-23-2007 03:49 PM

uNL 1 year report card

Folks,

Well, its been a little over a year since the uNL/SSNL splits, so lets get some feedback.

First, Id like to thank all the posters that have made this place a great strat forum, and helped keep it to the high 2p2 standards. There are very few that still post here since the inception, but special thanks to munkey, pokey, ama, thac, kaz, gelford and anyone else that was here from the strat.

Now that we have that out of hte way, I want to hear we you the posters think of the following

a. Traffic- Do you feel as if you hand gets lost too fast, or does it receive appropiate responses.
b. Quality of the advice
c. Quality of the moderation- What policies would you like to see changed or implemented?
d. Other suggestions

Thanks,

uNL mods

prodonkey 10-23-2007 04:02 PM

Re: uNL 1 year report card

a. good traffic the good hands stay up where they should be till discussion is done

b. depends on the poster, I think much of it is pretty bad.

c. good, ama yells at me too much and there tend to be some flame wars occasionally.

derosnec 10-23-2007 04:06 PM

good forum. no complaints. one of the nicer forums (i don't get flamed for my bad advice).

wslee00 10-23-2007 04:06 PM

a. way too much traffic - after i respond to a post and go to the front page, there's already like 3-5 new posts

b. some good, some bad

c. don't really see too many threads getting locked - which is fine by me. don't really know how many people you guys are locking out for certain periods of time

whyzze 10-23-2007 04:06 PM

a: b+
b: c
c: A+
d: possibly some sort of move up thread. question/comments about moving up are so common and everywhere. It would be nice to put it all in one place and also for people to post how they are doing it and how well they are doing.

PJo336 10-23-2007 04:10 PM

I think the traffics great, the advice is fair, i dont see what could be done about it tho, its basically newbs helping noobs and semi noobs, as is the purpose of the forum

the mods are great ldo (im not getting tarped into a ban)

i was never here before the split so i couldnt talk on the changes

svidrigailov 10-23-2007 04:20 PM

a. Traffic is sometimes overwhelming, but I think it's unavoidable given the number of players at micro stakes.
b. Varies from great to ridiculous. I've found reading SSNL/MSNL and looking for good replies is helpful when trying to understand how to formulate posts.
c. Good given the amount of traffic, irrelevant posts are quickly handled.
d. It's hard to do, but encouraging searching/reading. There sooo much good stuff in the stickies/forums/archives that goes beyond the advice that's possible to give immediately.

Milky 10-23-2007 04:29 PM

a. I think the traffic is okay. Not too much to where I feel like posts don't get enough attention.

b. Depends on the person giving the advice but overall I'd say it's fairly solid.

c. Moderation seems great, I've seen no problems here.

d. No real suggestions, just keep up the good work!

Spurious 10-23-2007 04:33 PM

a. i cant complain

b. obviously most of the advice must be bad, because most of the players are new to NL, some maybe even to poker. there are still the regulars, who give good advice and all the posters should learn from the advice they give

c. dunno, cant judge, never had problems

d. give me a run-good-boost

BrunoThePug 10-23-2007 04:46 PM

a. Traffic- Do you feel as if you hand gets lost too fast, or does it receive appropiate responses.

I try to write interesting titles and get people to read my hand. The only time I've notice that my hands get buried quickly is when they are boring.

B+

b. Quality of the advice

This will always be tough since a lot of the posters are new and people give seemingly good advice while using some buzzwords and other tactics to which credit is easily given (sometimes mistakenly). There are still some posters with a good number of posts that I feel like I can rely on to give good advice.

B

c. Quality of the moderation- What policies would you like to see changed or implemented?

I think the moderation is great and the new "no one-liner" rule is excellent. I do notice some full ring hands finding their way here and falling through the cracks.

A+

d. Other suggestions
More polls. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]