Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   KKK on 4-flush board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540978)

danspartan 11-08-2007 12:46 AM

KKK on 4-flush board

Bodog 5/10
No reads other than a decided willingness for cold calling pre-flop by multiple players.

UTG+1 raises
MP1 calls
MP2 (hero) 3-bets K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Folds to SB and BB, both call, all call
5 way 3 bets

Flop 10 hi [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG+1 bets, call, hero raises, all call except SB
2 bets 4 ways (23 SB total)

Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checks around (comment?)

River: Brick

UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, Hero folds, SB folds (13BB) (comment?)

Niediam 11-08-2007 12:54 AM

Re: KKK on 4-flush board

You should bet the turn. Maybe your hand is good. Maybe somebody folds a small club. Even if you get raised that isn't that bad because you have a strong draw.

Harv72b 11-08-2007 01:03 AM

When I'm holding a set on the turn, I am betting 100% of the time when it's checked to me. 150% if I can figure out how.

As played, I hate to make the river fold but it's a good one.

Lethe 11-08-2007 01:32 AM

Definitely bet the turn. If called you can obviously check the river through UI.

danspartan 11-08-2007 02:06 AM

Do we overcall on river if donked/called even if we bet on turn?

What if there is a c/r on turn the a lead out. Call? Overcall? What if overcall does not close action?

Concur on weak turn play. Shouldnt have cared if there was a trapper given 10 out re-draw. Losing value and fold equity (maybe low club or str8 draw dumps)

Yepitis 11-08-2007 05:14 AM

I would also bet the trun but as played I would raise the river. The club out there is either the nuts or very small so I would hope the small club folds to my raise and I beat the other guys two pair or pocket.

If there is a check raise on the turn I would say three bet and the little club should think he is beat. This may buy a free showdown as well. You have enough outs to keep playing this aggressivaly thru the turn.

chesspain 11-08-2007 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If there is a check raise on the turn I would say three bet and the little club should think he is beat. This may buy a free showdown as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of buying and selling, I have some magic beans which just came in...

[ QUOTE ]
You have enough outs to keep playing this aggressivaly thru the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you don't.

JJH3984 11-08-2007 11:28 AM

I'm leaning toward not raising the flop. It depends a lot on board texture.

BubbleMint 11-08-2007 08:38 PM

I dont bet this turn, 3 clubs on the flop, 2 villains call 2 cold, 1 b/c.

Given the river action, it is an easy fold. Maybe I suck at game selection, but raising the river to fold out small clubs is not something I see happen, ever.

Yepitis 11-09-2007 05:48 AM

You have never seen anyone fold on a four flush broad after a raise?

Have you ever been in a four flush broad and nobody made the hand?

Does this happen more then 1 time in 13?

I did this exact play with top two pair and got the small flush to fold and the caller had smaller two pair. If you are playing against people you know will call then don't do it. If you are playing against people who say this will never work then do it.

Nobody bet the turn which means a moster or a very small club. First one to bet this often wins the pot and the first caller may just be keeping him honest.

At any rate the best non club hand needs to call one bet here with 13.5 to 1 odds.