Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's up with blue collar workers looking like homeless bums? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483293)

LocustHorde 08-21-2007 08:17 PM

What\'s up with blue collar workers looking like homeless bums?

And it's not because they can't afford a haircut or new threads either. Some of those guys make more than professional types, yet have mangled beards, mullets, and dirty hair that look like it hasn't been washed in months!!!

Is it symbolic and they're sticking it to the 'man'? Or are they mostly too lazy to care because they're out of shape and leather-faced?

It seems that these guys have three passions in life: fishing, hunting, and drinking beer till they pass out..

kidcolin 08-21-2007 08:23 PM

Re: What\'s up with blue collar workers looking like homeless bums?

and what's up with black guys being all gangsta and shi'

Autocratic 08-21-2007 08:30 PM

Not everyone needs to whore themselves out to the man.

wmonfor 08-21-2007 08:35 PM

this thread delivers.

demon102 08-21-2007 08:39 PM

more then likely weed and alchohol as well as other drugs play a major role in this whole deal, and last but not least low self esteem, so the next time u see one of these poor bastards...... give em a hug and lighten up there day

Los Feliz Slim 08-21-2007 08:39 PM

I would much rather OP's like this get nuked instead of "where should I eat in Boston?" etc etc etc.

Borodog 08-21-2007 08:41 PM

If you are really this upset that your plumber doesn't take better care of himself for you, perhaps you should admit you have teh ghey.

guids 08-21-2007 08:45 PM

have you ever done any real work on a car? or a days construction? what do you want them to do take a shower every hour?

Klompy 08-21-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems that these guys have three passions in life: fishing, hunting, and drinking beer till they pass out..

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly I enjoy all three of these things a lot. OP, go back to california.

LocustHorde 08-21-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are really this upset that your plumber doesn't take better care of himself for you, perhaps you should admit you have teh ghey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not refering to plumbers who come to your house and fix the leaky toilet. Most of those guys have grooming standards to abide by. I'm talking about longshore workers, pipe fitters, iron workers, welders, loggers, etc.
Espcially longshore workers. They average 100k+ and a lot of them look like they came out of a homeless shelter