Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   People who wear watches in the pool (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513514)

Yeti 10-01-2007 09:40 PM

People who wear watches in the pool

Who are these people? I don't get it.

I see quite a few people at the gym pool wearing nothing but swimming shorts and a watch. And I don't mean a digital sports watch that they're maybe using to time their laps, I'm talking nice stainless steel watches.

Why wouldn't you just take it off? Do they realise how stupid they look? It's a f'ing pool not a catwalk.

I bet some of you on this forum do it. You are probably gonna give the reply 'oh i just never take it off'. I don't take off my underwear either but I normally manage to before I enter the pool. I just don't understand why you'd want to expose a valuable watch to chlorine, steam and shampoo. Please enlighten me.

2/325Falcon 10-01-2007 09:43 PM

Re: People who wear watches in the pool

These guys probably just want to show off their balla dive watches.

UptownExpress 10-01-2007 09:44 PM

it's probably one of those special "waterproof" watches. relax.

4_2_it 10-01-2007 09:49 PM

I don't wear a watch to the gym. In most gyms that I have been in, I'd prefer not to leave an expensive watch in a locker so I guess wearing it to the pool is the bets option. Of course, I'd leave the watch at home, but that isn't an option if you go to the gym directly from work.

Claunchy 10-01-2007 09:49 PM

I wouldn't wear it if I were swimming laps because it'd probably get in the way. But if I'm just swimming recreationally I'll usually leave it on. It's waterproof; who cares?

fraserbrown 10-01-2007 09:51 PM

I have a dive watch that comes off before the pool, who needs one, the pool have a hudge [censored] clock on the wall.

goebbelboy 10-01-2007 09:52 PM

Wow, Britain must really suck in October.

Yeti 10-01-2007 09:56 PM

4_2_it, assume that the locker room is perfectly safe.

Claunchy, I own a wide variety of dress shirts that are totally fine after contact with water. Maybe I'll wear one in the pool next time. Who cares, right?

fraser - you sound like my kind of guy.

4_2_it 10-01-2007 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4_2_it, assume that the locker room is perfectly safe.

[/ QUOTE ]

No reason to wear it to the pool then.

DING-DONG YO 10-01-2007 10:03 PM

Jesus H Christ. You have got to be the most tightly wound douche to notice that people do this and be annoyed by it AND be so annoyed by it that you feel the need to voice this annoyance to others.