Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

Neil S 03-26-2007 09:55 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
Lynch LuckayLuck

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, that is now my mission, heh. Don't blame me; I voted TAG.

Voj 03-26-2007 09:55 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
Lynch LuckayLuck

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine. Standard wolf play ? Or are you trying to [censored] with our heads ?
Sinee you have decided to FPS it hard, and since we saw who it served in Angleshoot, go for a :

Lynch Luckay

fnord_too 03-26-2007 09:55 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Something is wrong here, luckay's posts are offering heavy strategy (that is sond) and not random villager clearing.

[/ QUOTE ]
fnord is a villager

[/ QUOTE ]

nice.

Neil S 03-26-2007 09:56 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and he is faking jester now. Getting back to normal.

[/ QUOTE ]fnord is going for a high post count, I see...

But I still want to [Lynch luckayluck].

LuckayLuck 03-26-2007 09:56 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
Did Luckay seriously just make a list of four players who shouldn't be peeked with his own name on it?

Luckay

*especially* if he intends to be a super-maniac this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually
the people who I have listed are MORE LIKELY to be peeked, since the apprentice will likely be able to peek at least 2 of the 4 people, and I figure given the variety of choices, I'm the most likely one to be peeked from that list

Voj 03-26-2007 09:57 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Oh yeah BTW, it would be nice to keep the post count small enough to be readable for those not available 24/24..

shortline99 03-26-2007 09:57 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
iron_yuppie

[if you want to know why, turn to page 72.]
[if you already know why, turn to page 60.]
[if you want to revenge vote, die in a fire and turn to page 18.]

shortline99 03-26-2007 09:57 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah BTW, it would be nice to keep the post count small enough to be readable for those not available 24/24..

[/ QUOTE ]
DENIED

Iron_Yuppie 03-26-2007 09:57 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Early returns:

Luckay = villager
Sighing = wolf

Polls have a +/- 50% Evil margin of error

sighing 03-26-2007 09:58 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did Luckay seriously just make a list of four players who shouldn't be peeked with his own name on it?

Luckay

*especially* if he intends to be a super-maniac this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually
the people who I have listed are MORE LIKELY to be peeked, since the apprentice will likely be able to peek at least 2 of the 4 people, and I figure given the variety of choices, I'm the most likely one to be peeked from that list

[/ QUOTE ]
So if the Apprentice comes out on Day 6, wham we've got great peek coverage there? Great strategy.

dmk 03-26-2007 09:58 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
I have voted to continue forward to Eleria. Our primary concern as mercenaries is to fight for whomever hired us. Our internal problems will need to be resolved along the way. We can not sit idly - the queendom has called upon us.

xoom 03-26-2007 09:59 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
2. Do not overpost

Some villagers fill the game threads with 10 posts where 1 would do. Others quote 50 lines, and add 1 line of commentary. Both of these are incredibly harmful to the village. It is nearly impossible to filter through posts such as these to find good information. Some villagers will try, and get confused - especially in the multiple quote posts. It's hard to keep track of who said what in there. Other villagers will see 100 posts since they last checked the thread, and just give up. If they bother with the thread at all, it's to hop to the end, and they vote for whoever looks like a likely target.

Wolves will not do this - even if they're not posting, the wolves will be following the thread closely. Things like this hurt the village, and do not help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost fifty posts already.

VoraciousReader 03-26-2007 09:59 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Just out of curiosity, anyone in the peanut gallery have an opinion?

sighing 03-26-2007 10:00 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
Early returns:

Luckay = villager
Sighing = wolf

Polls have a +/- 50% Evil margin of error

[/ QUOTE ]
I can post some bad strategy too if you'd like.

KyrosMother 03-26-2007 10:05 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
vote voj

Also, I think I agree with DMK. As mercenaries, we go on to our mission. We can't afford for the queen to get impatient and hire someone else. I am not sure we learn more sitting here, but I am open to discussion.

dmk 03-26-2007 10:05 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Luckayluck,

Until now, I've taken a very relaxed stance with you. Mainly due to the fact that you're typically easy for me to read.

However, in light of the recent PCI (post-count inflation), I will personally not tolerate your antics anymore. If you're a villager, chill out.

You knew exactly what everyone's reaction would be when you wrote up a post that listed yourself + 3 others as "unpeekable" for 2 days. If you want to help the village stop with the nonsense. All its doing is giving the wolves cover game after game.

If you continue, I will be voting to have you lynched. Even if you are a "villager", you are essentially an honorary-wolf when you participate like this.

Nez477 03-26-2007 10:08 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
** STRATEGY POST #3 **

The Fortuneteller should not peek from this set of players when they get their FIRST AND SECOND peek:

{LuckayLuck (The Crazy), Tiedup14 (The Unknown), Econophile (The Always Wolfy), WDCBooks (The Always Villagery)}.

I have chosen 4 players which cover 4 seperate playstyle spectrums on purpose. The thing is, since The Apprentice only gets 1 peek every 3 days, it's extremely likely that The Apprentice will duplicate one of The Fortuneteller's Peeks. This way, The Fortuneteller still has an extremely large amount of people they can peek, and The Apprentice is guaranteed to peek their choice of a specific player with a certain playstyle in my list.

This strategy post is debatable, feel free to debate it...

** STRATEGY POST #3 **

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to debate it, but I don't think I get it. Are you saying the Apprentice SHOULD peek one of these players with his peek the third night or whatever?

Not sure I follow, but it is probably a solid plan to try and keep separate peeks (of course). I'm just not sure I get this plan.

LuckayLuck 03-26-2007 10:11 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
** STRATEGY POST #3 **

The Fortuneteller should not peek from this set of players when they get their FIRST AND SECOND peek:

{LuckayLuck (The Crazy), Tiedup14 (The Unknown), Econophile (The Always Wolfy), WDCBooks (The Always Villagery)}.

I have chosen 4 players which cover 4 seperate playstyle spectrums on purpose. The thing is, since The Apprentice only gets 1 peek every 3 days, it's extremely likely that The Apprentice will duplicate one of The Fortuneteller's Peeks. This way, The Fortuneteller still has an extremely large amount of people they can peek, and The Apprentice is guaranteed to peek their choice of a specific player with a certain playstyle in my list.

This strategy post is debatable, feel free to debate it...

** STRATEGY POST #3 **

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to debate it, but I don't think I get it. Are you saying the Apprentice SHOULD peek one of these players with his peek the third night or whatever?

Not sure I follow, but it is probably a solid plan to try and keep separate peeks (of course). I'm just not sure I get this plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, my plan is that The Apprentice should peek one of the 4 above listed. (And, we all don't know of course if The Apprentice's peeks specifically start on n3. They could be n1, n4, who knows? He could improve to peeking every 2 nights, who knows?) I'm saying that The Apprentice should peek one of the 4 the first time he gets a peek up, then another one of the 4 the second time he gets a peek up. Then, it's free reign.

Nez477 03-26-2007 10:11 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Let's start with DusginG, will probably switch to Zurvan by the end of the day, but misspelled opening names always are fishy.

[/ QUOTE ]

ORLY?

We now revenge vote at the end of day 1, instead of the beginning?

[/ QUOTE ]

As mentioned, I will be making fewer, more educated posts this day. But I do want to mention that I can revenge vote/post however I darn well please. I just happened to find it more comical, appropriate the way I did it. But of course you are being nitty about how I make my revenge vote, of course.

The thread will be better off if you just call me a wolf now, and we just not discuss it this game.

Truce?

dmk 03-26-2007 10:12 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Nez,

The plan is horrible. Restricting the Fortuneteller and Apprentice is horrible.

They should have free reign over their abilities. They know better than we do about their own practice.

How do we know The Fortuneteller hasn't already seen the true intentions of the 4 comrades listed by LuckayLuck?

Iron_Yuppie 03-26-2007 10:20 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
iron_yuppie

[if you want to know why, turn to page 72.]
[if you already know why, turn to page 60.]
[if you want to revenge vote, die in a fire and turn to page 18.]

[/ QUOTE ]

My revenge will take the form of something far more substantial than a vote, good sir.

Nez477 03-26-2007 10:20 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
Nez,

The plan is horrible. Restricting the Fortuneteller and Apprentice is horrible.

They should have free reign over their abilities. They know better than we do about their own practice.

How do we know The Fortuneteller hasn't already seen the true intentions of the 4 comrades listed by LuckayLuck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough... but one note that I'd like to point out.

LUCKAY: You were very on for parts of ASXI. Seriously, Your thought process, your conclusions based on that process, et cetera, were really fun to read since I knew what was going on as the dead seer or whatever. You need to realize that you can be good at this game but when you start posting like crazy it makes it REALLY hard to grab the good out of the whole.

So keep this in mind, please, as you play this game. I didn't vote in that poll, but if I did I would've asked you to post less, but post well. You really can be of benefit when you slow down.

Back to subject, the more I think about it, the less it seems to make sense to put certain lists out for the apprentice, who barely gets peeks, to peek or not peek. I mean the chances of them happening to peek the same person and both be alive by the apprentice's second peek (whenver it is) would be pretty slim I would think.

dmk 03-26-2007 10:20 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
All,

I hereby declare that this be the end of any and all discussion regarding who The Fortuneteller and The Apprentice should target and the strategy therein.

The arguments have been made again and again. We all know the risks and benefits associated with both options. There is no need to discuss further. I trust those who have the ability will choose wisely and standby any decision they make.

LuckayLuck 03-26-2007 10:23 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
I hereby declare that this be the end of any and all discussion regarding who The Fortuneteller and The Apprentice should target and the strategy therein.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed.
[ QUOTE ]
So keep this in mind, please, as you play this game. I didn't vote in that poll, but if I did I would've asked you to post less, but post well. You really can be of benefit when you slow down.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed.

wdcbooks 03-26-2007 10:24 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Luckay is probably a villager. Many of the people voting for him are probably wolves.

Sighing because he should know better.

LuckayLuck 03-26-2007 10:38 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Holy cow. I just realized that the saboteur (this is a rule change, which is why I didn't catch it)
[ QUOTE ]
He receives the event choices the night before, and must set his trap on one of them before the thread opens.


[/ QUOTE ]
<u>The Saboteur will put his trap on Page 8. I know that it will be the most popular opinion. Let's vote for Page 5. Turn back and join the main band.</u>
Why will he place the trap on page 8? Because page 8 looks like the best option. It does not matter how bad the choice of page 5 looks; what matters is that we avoid the saboteur's trap. The saboteur's trap is on page 8. I'm &gt;50% sure of it. Please vote for page 5 today.

Voj 03-26-2007 10:42 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
BTW, I strongly suspect anyone trying to influence village decision to be the Saboteur.
So far, dmk and KyrosMother did it. KyrosMother posted only once, so there's no strong read ; but dmk sounds already very wolfy to me..

Lynch dmk

econophile 03-26-2007 10:42 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
i wonder, Luckay... who's a villlager today?

[/ QUOTE ]

that'd be me, 100%

dmk 03-26-2007 10:44 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Luckay,

We've already established that this is simply a leveling exercise. The Saboteur could just have easily thought to himself "The Band will probably decide that I would be least likely to set a trap on the path heading back to the Main Band. Therefore, they are more likely to choose that option and that is where I should place my trap."

Again, we are mercenaries. We must march on.

Nez477 03-26-2007 10:45 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Is it just me, or does Voj actually sound... villagery?

dmk 03-26-2007 10:46 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Voj,

By that same token, it is equally likely that one of us is The Scout. You have also left Luckay's name off of that short list.

Voj 03-26-2007 10:46 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me, or does Voj actually sound... villagery?

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL.

sighing 03-26-2007 10:47 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
Luckay is probably a villager. Many of the people voting for him are probably wolves.

Sighing because he should know better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh.. I haven't played much WW in a while, but I crusaded against bobo when he was nuts in games, and I'll crusade against luckay if he heads down that route.

That wasn't a final vote at 10am, but it was a warning shot.

Voj 03-26-2007 10:48 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
Voj,

By that same token, it is equally likely that one of us is The Scout. You have also left Luckay's name off of that short list.

[/ QUOTE ]

True (should read ALL rules).
Which doesn't make you sound less wolfy..

fnord_too 03-26-2007 10:50 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
If I were the sabateur I put the trap on page 32. I am not saying don't vote for that page, because I am not the sabateur, and I don't think hitting a trap is going to be all that bad anyway (for one thing it is good to know the magnitude of the traps early). I would guess the effect will be something like someone get silenced or can't vote or something of that nature.

At any rate, we are mecenaries, not a bunch of kids driving around in the mystery machine. I think moving on is the right choice. I think if we let the evils divert us from our objective it will only help them and hurt us.

Zurvan 03-26-2007 10:53 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
I agree with fnord. I also expect the "traps" to be more along the lines of cancelling whatever positive affect that route would have had.

traz 03-26-2007 10:58 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
so...much...reading...

Iron_Yuppie 03-26-2007 10:58 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
I am in agreement with Luckayluck here; if we don't to fall in the saboteur's trap, vote to get the band back together.

pg. 5.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense from a mercenary role-playing perspective, but this isn't a mercenary role-playing game; I doubt it makes a difference whether we lose the contract or not.

Neil S 03-26-2007 10:59 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Wolves: Voj, luckay, Nez?, fnord?

Villagers: Zurvan, KM, Bluff?, dmk?

durron597 03-26-2007 11:01 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
EARLY RESULTS ARE IN (all results subject to change)

villager:
shorty
luckay
iy
fnord
voj
nez

wolf:
km
neil
sighing

still voting chuckles because it's funny


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.