Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   villain fires 3rd bullet, Contemplate calling... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534366)

Tomcruise 10-30-2007 02:22 AM

villain fires 3rd bullet, Contemplate calling...

villian is running 24/20/3.5 over 300 hands, i have pos. and have 3-bet fcked with him a few times, stacking him once when flopping a flush with 5-6 di. vs. his tptk no fd, ...regardless he surprises me with this 3rd bullets.....your thoughts?

Poker Stars, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $181.60
UTG: $657.80
CO: $472.80
Hero (BTN): $763.40
SB: $590.60

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $16</font>, Hero calls $16, SB folds, BB calls $12

Flop: ($50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $32</font>, Hero calls $32, BB folds

Turn: ($114) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $112</font>, Hero calls $112

River: ($338) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $312.80 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds

Results: $338 Pot ($2 Rake)
CO mucked and WON $336 (+$176 NET)

Big_Jim 10-30-2007 03:11 AM

Re: villain fires 3rd bullet, Contemplate calling...

I'd probably push or fold the turn. Board is fairly drawy, and with only a PSB left, you need to decide if you want to play or not.

If he has KQ and played it this hard, he won't fold it.

If I just called, I'd snap call the river.

Hoopster81 10-30-2007 03:12 AM

wow call

Tomcruise 10-30-2007 03:18 AM

Let me say this, when he bet the turn so hard, like basically 112 into 112 I was pretty excited seeing as I was positive he would slow down with sets, top two...so at that point I did start to believe he was 1. on total air 2. had some sorta flush draw/straight draw.....At this point I did not see him having 3rd barrel capability so I opted to see a safe river.....his monster riv shove, regardless of the board pair def. polarizes his range to aa-kk-boat OR small percent of the time a final last stab with clubs.

At this point too we had only been tussling preflop really, so it made it difficult.

Hoopster81 10-30-2007 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as I was positive he would slow down with sets, top two...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

your hand is underrepped, he could be valuebetting worse, and all the draws missed

Tomcruise 10-30-2007 03:26 AM

I'm a former tourney donk (pretty good one actually)....and have only been serious at 2/4 nl for about 2month/45k hands (5ptbb) ....so maybe I'm just a little green with a lot of these types of situations.

Tomcruise 10-30-2007 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I def agree with my hand being underepped, but there is really only one hand he is value betting--&gt; KQ.....till the river i was feeling good about the situation, esp underepping the hand.

Hoopster81 10-30-2007 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I def agree with my hand being underepped, but there is really only one hand he is value betting--&gt; KQ.....till the river i was feeling good about the situation, esp underepping the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying even if there were no worse hands he could be valuebetting I'd still call because you see air here enough

Big_Jim 10-30-2007 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did not see him having 3rd barrel capability

[/ QUOTE ]
If that's your read, then fine, fold.

Sounds like your read is super weak, though.

Tomcruise 10-30-2007 03:58 AM

I guess it's a situational read...he's gotten stacked, and hasnt been able to put anything together, and possibly lacking confidence,(which i suppose could go both ways ie. hes frustrated) but it was def. wishful thinking on my part that i could get a check.check river showdown....

I don;t really like any other lines and i also cant contemplate folding the turn.....also just for the hell of it ill show you the hand that i stacked him on previously......30min prior maybee....
Poker Stars, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $1,096.45
UTG: $211.30
MP: $734
CO: $642.50
Hero (BTN): $404.50
SB: $468.50

Pre-Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $16</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $48</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $32

Flop: ($102) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $68</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $594.50 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $288.50 and is All-In

Turn: ($815) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($815) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $815 Pot ($3 Rake)
CO showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, Queen high) and LOST (-$404.50 NET)
Hero showed 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a flush, Queen high) and WON $812 (+$407.50 NET)