Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   stupid hand vs fish (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543075)

gehrig 11-10-2007 06:08 PM

stupid hand vs fish

30/60 hu i don't know anything about this guy except he raises most of his buttons and has done some pretty stupid postflop things but not enough for me to get much of an idea of how he plays

i raise q2o he call

k52r he cr i call
turn a he checks i check?
river a he bets quick i fold?

Ian J 11-10-2007 08:32 PM

Re: stupid hand vs fish

I would think a turn bet with that being the last $ you put in would be good. If he bluff c/r flop then you protect your hand and likely win it there, and you never get bluffed like you may have here. River idk, seems close.

PokerBob 11-10-2007 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
30/60 hu i don't know anything about this guy except he raises most of his buttons and has done some pretty stupid postflop things but not enough for me to get much of an idea of how he plays

i raise q2o he call

k52r he cr i call
turn a he checks i check?
river a he bets quick i fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you win if he bets the river. IMO his turn check says "bet that ace if you want, but i didn't want you raising me and i ain't folding"

gaming_mouse 11-10-2007 08:36 PM

I'd call the river... dry board good for him to c/r on a pure bluff. I could see him stabbing again the river pretty easily. Def close tho.

rzk 11-10-2007 08:40 PM

me likes.

it really just looks like he has a 5 or K and just afraid of the ace but still wants to showdown.

obviously close though, or you wouldn't be asking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

geormiet 11-10-2007 10:35 PM

I like it a lot. his turn chck seems defensive to me, if he had bluff he'd probably fire again.

JDalla 11-11-2007 12:48 AM

I think you have to call this if you've just started playing with the guy. A lotta HU players just go nuts and bluff like every hand.

Victor 11-11-2007 01:02 AM

lol at folding a pair hu.

gehrig 11-11-2007 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would think a turn bet with that being the last $ you put in would be good. If he bluff c/r flop then you protect your hand and likely win it there, and you never get bluffed like you may have here. River idk, seems close.

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont really like folding to a turn cr

and checking turn saves money if he checks river with a five too since im not value betting

Victor 11-11-2007 01:43 AM

honestly gehrig im curious how u make ur money. 99% of hu players show this hand down. im not a hu player and am a loser to all but the worst. not even the bad. i need to play the worse.

but where do you make the money. what is it you do better than the rest?