Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   River valuebet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371881)

dirtytricks 04-04-2007 07:41 AM

River valuebet

5 handed 100$ 100BB deep

Villain is running 20/17, decent TAG, more aggressive than most postflop. He always continuation bets.

Villain opens for 4 UTG, I just call with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, villain bets 6 I call.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet 13, villain calls.

River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] pot is 47

Hero bets 19...

Comments on all streets appreciated.

shpanko 04-04-2007 08:08 AM

Re: River valuebet

eh, I'd bet more like 30 so the opponent doesn't sense weakness and try to bluff me off the best hand. Fold to a raise of course.

BombayBadboy 04-04-2007 08:31 AM

Hmm. I'm not really sure what you are trying to accomplish with your turnlead. Thoughtprocess?

On the river, definately more.

dirtytricks 04-04-2007 08:44 AM

On the turn he can have anything. I have a good hand and bets for value and information. KQ,QJ,J10 will call. If he reraises Im probably folding. Im only beat by AA,KK,QQ,77 or a 9.
My hand is way more than a bluffcatcher. He doesnt 2 barrel that much. Why check?

dirtytricks 04-04-2007 08:49 AM

I guess my question is: Will he call the river bet with a worse hand like KQ? If so how much? I think a bluff reraise is very unlikely on this board. Off course I know the answer in this specific situation, but generally...

mdkrahn 04-04-2007 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
eh, I'd bet more like 30 so the opponent doesn't sense weakness and try to bluff me off the best hand. Fold to a raise of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's unlikely you're getting raised by a worse hand here.
It looks much more likely he wants to showdown for cheap.

mdkrahn 04-04-2007 10:07 AM

I can't say I hate the river bet,
as it's a difficult board for hands to call.

However, I think you can get a hand like KQ, or QJ to call ~30 on the river.

shpanko 04-04-2007 10:13 AM

All I'm saying is that when my opponent bets less than half pot on the river I'm not exactly sensing strength and it might prompt me to make a move with a missed draw or something. Whereas if I see a 2/3 psb on river I'm a lot less likely to f#$% around with that

w33ktight 04-04-2007 10:29 AM

i think you played the hand very well. fold to a river raise. bet a bit more on river. I think hes gonna make alot of stubborn calldowns on this sort of board with your turn bet since he didnt raise turn i think there is value on the river.