Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   OFFICIAL Jets V Dolphins thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=291292)

Jeff W 12-26-2006 01:00 AM

Re: OFFICIAL Jets V Dolphins thread

[ QUOTE ]
how is chris chambers getting [censored] all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy. He's [censored] terrible.

metsandfinsfan 12-26-2006 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dolphins should have gone for it on that 4th and 1. they had nothing to lose and to play for the tie was stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

no way, late in the game where u might not get the ball back?? u definitely play for the tie in most cases...i see ur pt if saban just wanted to stick it to the jets...but can u imagine all the [censored] he would catch if he went for it and missed with an easy shot at tying the game there??

[/ QUOTE ]

look at the thread and you know i am not second guessing ... i am first guessing,

the dolphins are out of the playoffs. they need 1 yard. go for the win.

Anyway, that play by the jets was one hell of a play so i give them credit

Suigin406 12-26-2006 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dolphins should have gone for it on that 4th and 1. they had nothing to lose and to play for the tie was stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

no way, late in the game where u might not get the ball back?? u definitely play for the tie in most cases...i see ur pt if saban just wanted to stick it to the jets...but can u imagine all the [censored] he would catch if he went for it and missed with an easy shot at tying the game there??

[/ QUOTE ]

look at the thread and you know i am not second guessing ... i am first guessing,

the dolphins are out of the playoffs. they need 1 yard. go for the win.

Anyway, that play by the jets was one hell of a play so i give them credit

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, i didn't mean to imply u were second guessing...safe play is to go for tie, especially since the dolphin D has pretty much been dominant until that time...though maybe the smart play would have been to go for it since i can't see how the jets can stop anyone's running game...

kyleb 12-26-2006 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where have u been kyleb?? he's been throwing like a girl his whole career...especially after his two shoulder surgeries...can't do too much about it...

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I don't watch a lot of football, especially the Jets. It just looks pretty absurd and figured I'd ask.

Suigin406 12-26-2006 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where have u been kyleb?? he's been throwing like a girl his whole career...especially after his two shoulder surgeries...can't do too much about it...

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I don't watch a lot of football, especially the Jets. It just looks pretty absurd and figured I'd ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, it looks worse than most QBs out there, so i guess his throws would stick out...

Colt McCoy 12-26-2006 04:07 PM

Wtf is wrong with Nikki Saban? Is he retarded? Your RB is getting 6 yards per carry against the 24th ranked run defense and you won't go for it on 4th & a short 1 when you have absolutely nothing on the line except keeping your biggest rival out of the playoffs? Wtf? You're playing against a QB off back-to-back shoulder surgery years who has the arm of a pop warner kid, and you decide to defend against the deep ball w/ 2 minutes left? Nikki Saban should suck every [censored] on that defense for letting them down after the game they played.

On a side note, is Steve Young always that bad? I'd never noticed before.

Nick B. 12-26-2006 05:02 PM

Yes, Nick Saban sucks. I really hope he goes to alabama.

MacGuyV 12-26-2006 08:10 PM

Haha, I hope Saban stays.

THAY3R 12-26-2006 08:21 PM

Chad may have a weak arm, but he can throw a very good deep ball. The two aren't very correllated.

SuperUberBob 12-26-2006 08:34 PM

I can understand why Saban would only tie it. Or at least I have a good guess.

I suppose the idea is that we'll play it safe for the tie and outplay them later. Perhaps if they believed that they had no prayer of outplaying them later, they'd go for it and take advantage of the shot they have.

But whatever, I'm not Nick Saban. Just trying to see some reasoning into going for a tie.