Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   G.P.A if your not going to grad school (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550276)

onlinebeginner 11-19-2007 11:59 PM

G.P.A if your not going to grad school

how important is it, seems to me like theres no way a company could be succesfull if they were hiring new people based on G.P.A

XXXNoahXXX 11-20-2007 12:13 AM

Re: G.P.A if your not going to grad school

if you aren't go to grad school, doesn't really matter too much, afaik.

3.3 vs. 3.6 could be big for grad school, but most people i know out of college have jobs that aren't correlated to gpa at all.

Golden_Rhino 11-20-2007 12:26 AM

Keep it as high as you can. Your GPA follows you forever, and you never know what you might want to do in the future, or what the future of hiring processes is.

Ganjasaurus Rex 11-20-2007 12:39 AM

Lots of companies ask for GPA. Some even ask for graduate school GPA. It is a mistake to think that GPA means nothing just because some companies don't care or think it doesn't correlate with success.

LonesomeFugitive 11-20-2007 01:17 AM

Forgive me for this silly question I don't know much about all this. I go to a community college in california, my gpa is a horrible 2.6, what are my chances of transfering into let's say an out of state university like for example the university of oklahoma? (80% acceptance rate i read in a college guide book)

Is my gpa just too bad to get into any university?

wudabum 11-20-2007 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Forgive me for this silly question I don't know much about all this. I go to a community college in california, my gpa is a horrible 2.6, what are my chances of transfering into let's say an out of state university like for example the university of oklahoma? (80% acceptance rate i read in a college guide book)

Is my gpa just too bad to get into any university?

[/ QUOTE ]

what year? i kno some UCs will actually accept transfers with GPAs hovering at about 3.0 and maybe lower. UC is much more forgiving for transfer students than for students straight out of high school. your gpa isnt too bad until youve given up.

capone0 11-20-2007 10:12 AM

GPAs are only important if you want to goto Grad School and your first job. Otherwise I doubt your going to continue to put it on your resume.

XXXNoahXXX 11-20-2007 10:41 AM

LF,

why bother going to community college if you are going to get a 2.6?

Corpsebean 11-21-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LF,

why bother going to community college if you are going to get a 2.6?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you have no previous knowledge of this guy, and my apologies if you do, I think this is a pretty dumb thing to say.

NozeCandy 11-22-2007 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your GPA follows you forever

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't even close to being true. Hardly anyone lists their GPA on their resume after they have enough work experience. The work experience is more recent and much more relevant to any new position you might take than your college GPA. Basically, if you have a subpar GPA and have to take a first job that isn't what you would like, you need to kick ass at that job even more than normal.