Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   54 sooooted: Now with more passivity (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=102513)

GetThere1Time 05-02-2006 06:43 AM

54 sooooted: Now with more passivity

First orbit, no reads, yay.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Edit: I was planning on c/r-ing the button autobet on the flop since people love to peel with "overs".

sharpie 05-02-2006 06:49 AM

Re: 54 sooooted: Now with more passivity

I'd bet the flop and the turn.

Nick C 05-02-2006 06:59 AM

Overcalling this river seems problematic, but who knows what's going on.

Anyway, I probably would have bet the flop.

GetThere1Time 05-02-2006 07:06 AM

I should have wrote this in the original post but I was planning on c/r-ing the button autobet on the flop since people love to peel with "overs". I whiff and donkarity ensues. Will edit to reflect this.

vmacosta 05-02-2006 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I was planning on c/r-ing the button autobet on the flop since people love to peel with "overs".

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'd expect a flop bet to take down the pot fairly often here.

GetThere1Time 05-02-2006 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'd expect a flop bet to take down the pot fairly often here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with plenty that peel with QJ and junk like that on the A9x board. AAx is open season. Maybe I just game select goot.

Buckmulligan 05-02-2006 09:12 AM

I don't know whether I'd bet the flop, but I definitely wouldn't let both the flop and the turn go unbet.

ejay 05-02-2006 11:55 AM

I dont mind the plan of c/r the buttons beton the flop, but after he checks you have to lead the turn.

KitanaiCALL 05-02-2006 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the flop and the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
With the way you played it you have no idea where your hand stands against your opponents and this puts you in a very uncomfortable situation being OOP.

TomBrooks 05-02-2006 02:13 PM

Bet the flop, fold to a raise.

With three opponents, allowing a free card that can make a higher pair than yours is a disaster here.

Also, you can't expect to c/r this flop much of the time because even an autobetting button will often check AAx though.

Call the river since only one overcard to yours came and it was only a seven.