Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Gavin Smith... Puss...... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=447159)

MrFizzbin 07-09-2007 10:13 PM

Gavin Smith... Puss......

So Gavin Smith bought his way out of the Jester Costume. I realize that buying your way out is normal and accepted, but I still think he's a puss for not going at least to the first break after Madsen held up his end. He pussed out on carrying Sebok in, he pussed out on wearing the costume after Sebok and Madsen held up their ends. So my question is:

DoGGz 07-09-2007 10:22 PM

Re: Gavin Smith... Puss......

Gavin is obvi a huge dick for doing this. Why make a prop bet when you know you aren't going to hold up your end when you lose. Pretty stupid.

Alex Jacob 07-09-2007 10:53 PM

it kind of makes sense that gavin isn't gonna wear the jester costume. i mean, espn filmed his 2nd place finish, and joe/jeff didn't make any final tables. i guess gavin got no credit for it because the other two didn't play that event so he technically loses the bet.. i could see how he might not want to parade around on tv in the loser's outfit.. kinda annoying for espn to explain too, "yeah we know you saw this guy win a lot but that didn't count.. don't worry it's complicated"

aj

David LoPan 07-09-2007 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it kind of makes sense that gavin isn't gonna wear the jester costume. i mean, espn filmed his 2nd place finish, and joe/jeff didn't make any final tables. i guess gavin got no credit for it because the other two didn't play that event so he technically loses the bet.. i could see how he might not want to parade around on tv in the loser's outfit.. kinda annoying for espn to explain too, "yeah we know you saw this guy win a lot but that didn't count.. don't worry it's complicated"

aj

[/ QUOTE ]

im lost

trying2learn 07-09-2007 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

aj

[/ QUOTE ]

im lost

[/ QUOTE ]

the bet only covered hold em events i believe. so even though gavin had the best series (because of the final table/2nd place) - he lost the bet w/ j sebok.

alex is just saying that since gavin's final table will be shown - it would be odd to be shown as the loser in the bet.

he still lost though...

MJBuddy 07-09-2007 11:36 PM

No limit events, I believe :P

Topnoevili 07-09-2007 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kinda annoying for espn to explain too, "yeah we know you saw this guy win a lot but that didn't count.. don't worry it's complicated"

aj

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] espn...

lose the bet wear the suit.

bogey 07-10-2007 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

aj

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that kind of makes sense, but I just assumed the whole purpose was for publicity anyway, and figured he'd probably pay extra to get to look like a jackass instead of paying to get out of it.

MrFizzbin 07-10-2007 12:40 AM

The bet was there were a predetermined number of events all three would play. They could also select 2 other events that were their choice, Sebok took 2 limit events Madsen took 2 NL events and Smith took 2 events.

These "Wild card or Joker" events had to be picked BEFORE the first event of the WSOP. The event that Gavin finished second wasn't one of the 2 events he picked for his wild cards. Too bad, so sad wear the damn suit fat boy.... or don't make a bet you are promoting for a month. Its a publicity stunt for the site you pimp make more of an effort.

Sebok needs to work on negotiating skills though, something like 20k gets you out of wearing it for a week but you have to wear it to the dinner break....

I hope Norman Chad rips him for this.....

Pokerpun 07-10-2007 08:37 AM

I'm with bogey here surely these bets are just to raise their media profile and get some air time - so I'd expect them to wear it , still got us talking about them so it worked.