Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Great hand, instincts say your beat because of reads. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=29176)

winky51 02-05-2006 02:27 PM

Great hand, instincts say your beat because of reads.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (20.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

Could I have played this any better.

I know for certainty MP1 did NOT have KJ. He would check raise the flop or turn. BUT after SBs check call on the flop my instincts were screaming AAA. It was too cool of a call.

I just can't see playing this passive. I know MP would bet on the turn again. He does that a lot.

winky51 02-05-2006 02:47 PM

Re: Great hand, instincts say your beat because of reads.

Guess I was a BAD boy or no answers eh?

cassady 02-05-2006 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (20.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

Could I have played this any better.

I know for certainty MP1 did NOT have KJ. He would check raise the flop or turn. BUT after SBs check call on the flop my instincts were screaming AAA. It was too cool of a call.

I just can't see playing this passive. I know MP would bet on the turn again. He does that a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

No reads are provided on SB here, so it's a bit tricky, but I think fearing quad aces is seeing monsters. KQ could play this way as well, so could pocket 10's. I'd raise the river for value.

Webster 02-05-2006 02:59 PM

Why on earth would you call this bet - raise until there is no tomorrow!! No one is answering because calling is just so wrong. If you have a set, play it hard and fast - don't get cute - SO many things can go wrong.

Elevens 02-05-2006 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just can't see playing this passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks passive to me.

Untuck your sack and raise the flop.

jason_t 02-05-2006 03:25 PM

Raise the flop.

Cap the river.

toss 02-05-2006 03:32 PM

Hands that are beat you are AA and AJ. AJ is unlikely because of the 3-bet preflop and theres only one combo since you hold JJ. AA is unlike since there only one combo. Capping would be the right play.

TeeMDee 02-05-2006 05:03 PM

I think his preflop re-raise out of the SB makes AJ less likely (besides the fact that there is only one J left). A wouldn't be surprised if he turns over AK so I'm putting as much money in on the river as I can. TT is also good possibility with the way he played it.

newhizzle 02-05-2006 05:28 PM

cap preflop, raise the flop

i think the river is close, i dont mind the call, but it might be a 3-bet, getting capped would suck though, so im not really sure

Ignignokt 02-05-2006 05:28 PM

Stop killing helpless kittens. Cap preflop and raise/cap that flop, and the hand may play differently. People with waaaaay worse hands than AA are going to have good reason to get aggressive here, in part because they have no reason to put you on JJ because you've played so passively.

Of course, your mystery reads may be 100% accurate, but you haven't bothered to share them with us, so I have to go with the info you did provide. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]