Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Awkward spot against shortstack w/ TT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539356)

deaders 11-05-2007 11:54 PM

Awkward spot against shortstack w/ TT

Villain is 35/10/2 45% attempt to steal, only a small sample of 60 hands.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $96.80
BTN: $149.80
Hero (SB): $307.65
BB: $249.50
UTG: $440.30
MP: $89.25

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $7</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24</font>, CO calls $17

Flop: ($50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)

um....

Yeah no idea, flatcalling pre could workbut given his high att to steal Ive gotta be raising it up for value.

Chicago Twister 11-06-2007 12:03 AM

Re: Awkward spot against shortstack w/ TT

open shove, make it look nice &amp; bluffy

lol that might suck, but it seems like everything does. you sure cant bet-fold, check-call could work but you know hes just pushing...

PartysOver 11-06-2007 12:34 AM

normal cbet/fold

edit/ i flat call pre even with his att to steal numbers

deaders 11-06-2007 12:39 AM

come on... i cant cbet fold with stack sizes.

nazahl 11-06-2007 12:40 AM

I flat pre against a half stack in this spot.

crai on good flops and c/f the fuglies

deaders 11-06-2007 12:42 AM

yah i think 3betting wasnt so hot.

PartysOver 11-06-2007 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
come on... i cant cbet fold with stack sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry that was stupid... i couldnt figure out why you posted this hand [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

c/f as played [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] defietly dont 3b

Burcak 11-06-2007 04:30 AM

Are you guys serious?

By calling he lets BB in cheap, and plays pot oop against 2 opponents.

Just because he 3bet, the BB folded, and he called, AND an ace came, and even before we lost the pot, doesn't mean it is a bad idea to 3bet. You would rather just move in if you were in BB, but since BB is still to act, I think you should 3bet.

Here you can c/f, c/c, or bet, I don't think it matters much. Just make a range calculation, but when he just calls he could have a weak ace most of the time. You are getting 3 to 1, you can improve like 8% of the time. No decision is so bad imo. I would just bet.

Dire 11-06-2007 04:37 AM

I prefer 3-betting somewhat larger preflop and shoving any flop. As played bet $40. He folds this flop way more than 50% and that's going to show an instant profit because of it. Your hand is irrelevant. I'd happily fold to the shove. Getting 6:1 is irrelevant since he has us drawing to two outs somewhere around 100% of the time if he shoves. If you have some read that he's dumb and would shove 88 here then you can also call, you have 10% equity against an ace anyhow. It doesn't really matter. Most of your profit comes from him folding.

Burcak 11-06-2007 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer 3-betting somewhat larger preflop and shoving any flop. As played bet $40. He folds this flop way more than 50% and that's going to show an instant profit because of it. Your hand is irrelevant. I'd happily fold to the shove. Getting 6:1 is irrelevant since he has us drawing to two outs somewhere around 100% of the time if he shoves. If you have some read that he's dumb and would shove 88 here then you can also call, you have 10% equity against an ace anyhow. It doesn't really matter. Most of your profit comes from him folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe even 35. The board is pretty dry anyway. If he sees it as weakness, moves in without an ace AND a pair that doesn't beat us, then he deserves it imo.