Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Limp shove in full ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359767)

jimmytrick 03-20-2007 02:53 PM

Limp shove in full ring

Lets say you work hard at maintaining a ragged image by doing low cost donk moves. And then limp shove KK and AA preflop when you get a chance. How much action do you get?

Please include your game level in your response.

Push_Fold 03-20-2007 03:04 PM

Re: Limp shove in full ring

Sounds like grade A bad strategy to me.

acidca 03-20-2007 03:10 PM

not much, people will likely put you on AK, QQ+ perhaps

LBK 03-20-2007 03:13 PM

I limp reraise with KK/AA in early position at a laggy table. However, I won't open shove.

jimmytrick 03-20-2007 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like grade A bad strategy to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. And I never did it. But then a situation came up and I did with good results. Now, experimenting I am getting called 50% of the time. Small sample, but it has me wondering at what levels this might be viable.

CalledDownLight 03-20-2007 05:30 PM

I honestly couldn't see this working above NL10 like hardly ever.

Van Broken 03-20-2007 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly couldn't see this working above NL10 like hardly ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, I think it used to work pretty well at the lower limits, I saw people have quite a bit of success with it, but Everyone knows about it now.
I've attempted it twice in the last 50,000 or so hands, both at NL100, it worked one of those times but I was playing against total donktards. I got what I deserved as well, a nice suckout by 77.

GiantBuddha 03-20-2007 07:49 PM

I like it better with AKs personally, because everyone "knows" you have AA or KK. I don't know about "low cost donk moves" setting up a profitable image, though.

oober 03-20-2007 10:52 PM

The only time I might do this, is maybe when I was just sucked out on and I want to look very tilty at a very laggy table... Otherwise never PF.

Albert Moulton 03-20-2007 11:30 PM

Limp/shove is a little more obvious than just open pushing.

In any game where people are only playing thier own hands and/or don't care much about the stakes because the absolute value of the money is "trivial" to the players, then this open shove, or limp/shove, or any other combination of the Move of Honor will have a decent chance of getting paid off by AK, KK, and QQ. Sometimes as bad as AQ/AJ/JJ/TT depending on the game, the stakes, and the players.

Obviously, the deeper the stacks, and the larger the stakes, and the more experienced the players all tend to make this move a big waste of a good hand.