Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL50 Blank hits turn, opponent wakes up and confuses the hero (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541030)

smokingrobot 11-08-2007 02:03 AM

NL50 Blank hits turn, opponent wakes up and confuses the hero

My table image is pretty TAG. I've been taking down pots w/o a showdown for quite some time as I had previously been showing down with the winning hand. Villain is disgustingly loose and passive: 64/7.04/.4.

He and I have only played in one other hand which I played a pocket pair rather passively against him.

If it helps I'm at: 18/11/1.8

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $108.30
BB: $51.40
UTG: $39.90
CO: $48.65
Hero (BTN): $92.95

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls $3

Turn: ($10.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6

River: ($22.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $40.40 and is All-In</font>

I'm confused about the turn bet and then I guess ultimately the river, but I'd appreciate any comments on the preflop raise and the flop bet.

Khaos4k 11-08-2007 02:06 AM

Re: NL50 Blank hits turn, opponent wakes up and confuses the hero

Villain is passive. Villain is betting. We have ace high. I am getting the [censored] out of here.

whyherro 11-08-2007 02:06 AM

I'm probably folding to the turn donk, unless he smart enough to think that this is probably the driest board possible and was gonna stop and go you.

smokingrobot 11-08-2007 02:09 AM

Is there such a thing as a value call/value reraise? Any other time, had there not been the sudden action on the part of the opponent, I'd be VB'ing the [censored] outta this.

In other words, is there ever a situation where we make value calls against a ridiculously loose passive player?

smokingrobot 11-08-2007 02:12 AM

maybe i should rephrase this: how often against an opponent like this should we be calling down against a bluff?

If we should always be VB'ing when we lead the action, why shouldnt we be doing the same thing in these situations?

Khaos4k 11-08-2007 02:18 AM

We don't call because generally, passive villains don't bluff.

toddxlogan 11-08-2007 02:21 AM

WTF?

Probably fold to turn donk. His AF is .7. You definitely can't raise, and a call is pretty gross.

Is there seriously a question on the river? You have Ahigh and a .7AF villain just overshoved on a flushed and 4-straighted board. This isn't a hero call, this is a retard call.

If you are asking about when to make hero calls... well, thats a whole nother issue. But it definitely, definitely, definitely is not here.

Josh! 11-08-2007 02:22 AM

Against someone playing nearly 65% of cards dealt his range is really, really wide. The only thing you're beating is complete air here and I really doubt he has that often enough that this is profitable. Why would you want to risk 80BBs in such a margial situation to find out?

subs 11-08-2007 02:26 AM

lemme guess.. you folded and he showed you air... amirite?

Bantam222 11-08-2007 02:31 AM

we have Ace High...villian is all in for 80BB into 40BB pot...i don't really need any more info I'm folding.