Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Help with flopped TTP and ass-end gutshot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555694)

roggles 11-27-2007 04:48 PM

Help with flopped TTP and ass-end gutshot

What should I do in this situation? I folded because I felt my draw to improve sucked and I didn't have any A or K to hit better two pair

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $183.70
UTG+1: $135.30
roggles: $116.60
Button: $138.90
SB: $100
BB: $79.05

Pre-flop: (6 players) roggles is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $3.5</font>, UTG+1 calls, roggles calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($18.5, 5 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $18.5</font>, roggles folds

sondring 11-27-2007 04:53 PM

Re: Help with flopped TTP and ass-end gutshot

reads on UTG?

I don't get why you think you're behind in the hand.

I'd call the flop and re-evaluate the turn.

CrushinFelt 11-27-2007 05:00 PM

Doesn't seem too terrible to me, but it's a litle weak. I'd probably call and see if he bets the turn again. With only one person left to act his range likely includes a lot of draws.

gordo16 11-27-2007 05:05 PM

WTF? every time I read one of your posts it tllts the hell out of me roggles. I truly don't understand how you can be a winning player if you ever play a hand like this. Either call or raise this flop 100% of the time IMO... I mean honestly, what kind of flop are you looking for? You flopped top 2 and a gutshot draw to the second nuts. How you dont at least call here baffles me. OK. Rant over.

CrushinFelt 11-27-2007 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF? every time I read one of your posts it tllts the hell out of me roggles. I truly don't understand how you can be a winning player if you ever play a hand like this. Either call or raise this flop 100% of the time IMO... I mean honestly, what kind of flop are you looking for? You flopped top 2 and a gutshot draw to the second nuts. How you dont at least call here baffles me. OK. Rant over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising likely only gets action from sets. I agree folding is probably weak, but at these levels this person's range probably isn't wide enough to warrant a raise.

roggles 11-27-2007 05:24 PM

I don't know if I am a winning player ... I think I am better than most people at 0.5/1 and a lot better than most people at 1/2 CAP. But I don't have a particularly large sample on PLO. The only games I know I beat are sit and gos in hold em and HORSE, and stud H/L cash game.

Anyway, as CrushinFelt points out, I think you are putting people at too wide a hand range at these limits. People don't give a lot of action. At 0.25/0.5 limits I am almost positive raising here is bad. People never stack off with anything but the nuts at that limit. I cannot win there because I am not patient enough. I imagine you feel similarly about 0.5/1

gordo16 11-27-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I am a winning player ... I think I am better than most people at 0.5/1 and a lot better than most people at 1/2 CAP. But I don't have a particularly large sample on PLO. The only games I know I beat are sit and gos in hold em and HORSE, and stud H/L cash game.

Anyway, as CrushinFelt points out, I think you are putting people at too wide a hand range at these limits. People don't give a lot of action. At 0.25/0.5 limits I am almost positive raising here is bad. People never stack off with anything but the nuts at that limit. I cannot win there because I am not patient enough. I imagine you feel similarly about 0.5/1

[/ QUOTE ]

from my limited 6k hand sample or so, I must say that I completely disagree with the statement that people only play the nuts..

Rob121 11-27-2007 05:43 PM

i call here mostly raise sometimes depending on villian never fold.

sondring 11-27-2007 05:47 PM

I'm playing these games now @ FTP and 100% agree with gordo.

Kurn, son of Mogh 11-27-2007 05:54 PM

I don't know if I am a winning player

&lt;sigh&gt; You should know precisely how much you are ahead/behind in every game you play. If you don't, that's a huge leak.

How can you get better if you don't know where you stand?