Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   2+2 doesn't want people to know about the Stox book (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533216)

MicroBob 10-28-2007 03:38 PM

2+2 doesn\'t want people to know about the Stox book

So some poster doesn't know what is meant by 'Stox concept' and I'm replying to tell him that they are referring to the 2+2 book written by our very own Stoxtrader.
But I can't remember the exact title of the book so I go to the front-page to look it up. It's not there...or at least I don't see it.
No problem. They just haven't updated that page or something.
So I go to the link that says 'Books' and I don't see it listed there either. Am I just completely missing it or something?

Weird.

Also fwiw - I think that listing PNL and SNG-Strat as 'Available for pre-order' and 'Expecting Shipping Date is July 20, 2007" isn't so hot either.
Obviously people are likely to understand what you mean and that you just haven't bothered to update the front page. But it looks somewhat unprofessional imo.

XXXNoahXXX 10-28-2007 04:06 PM

Re: 2+2 doesn\'t want people to know about the Stox book

yeah this has been brought up a bunch and they don't seem to care. maybe they're thinking there is no point in doing it now and will just do it when the forum software switches over.

eviljeff 10-28-2007 04:16 PM

I'm sure 2p2 wishes Stox the best

MicroBob 10-28-2007 04:55 PM

noah - the absence of the stox book has been brought up before? Hadn't seen that. thanks.
I have previously seen people comment on the datedness of the "Available for pre-order" books on the front-page though.

Them not caring about such a simple thing to update the 'pre-order' language is weird and looks lazy. Them not even listing the Stox book at all is just nuts.
Can it possibly be intentional and maybe have something to do with him selling it on his own site or something?

lippy 10-28-2007 05:19 PM

FWIW, I don't want people to know about the Stox book...

stoxtrader 10-28-2007 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure 2p2 wishes Stox the best

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure they do as well. Our relationship is strong and we are in talks on another collaboration.

Microbob you are almost always right on the mark, but I think your title in this case misses the mark a bit. I think it is simply procrastination/oversight that caused these website issues, but who knows.

I'm positive it is not an intentional slight for winning in tough holdem games. Mason mentioned the other day how he thought is was a very strong book.

tuq 10-28-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason mentioned the other day how he thought is was a very strong book.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can it bench press 150 lbs?

Poofler 10-28-2007 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can it bench press 150 lbs?

[/ QUOTE ]

PAN

XXXNoahXXX 10-28-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can it military press 170 lbs?

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp imo

Bobo Fett 10-28-2007 08:57 PM

Tuq,

Of course not. His book is vegan, LDO.