Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Line check with 99 overpair. I think I'm up against TT : ( (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554674)

Chaser8 11-26-2007 03:48 AM

Line check with 99 overpair. I think I\'m up against TT : (

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $228.10
UTG: $613.72
CO: $541.20
Hero (BTN): $676.10
SB: $330

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $14</font>, Hero calls $14, 2 folds

Flop: ($34) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $24</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $68</font>, CO calls $44

Turn: ($170) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($170) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $120</font>, Hero folds

Villain's stats are 25/23/5.50
What makes this hand interesting is that his "call continuation bet" and "raise continuation bet" percentages are both ZERO over a sample of 300 hands. Was my fold good or bad? What hands would he have called my flop raise with? I'm putting him on TT or 68

Chaser8 11-26-2007 12:49 PM

Re: Line check with 99 overpair. I think I\'m up against TT : (

bump

lkjhgfdsa 11-26-2007 01:04 PM

Re: Line check with 99 overpair. I think I'm up against TT : (

Sorry. I think u suck.

$upermad4it 11-26-2007 01:08 PM

I dont like your raise on the flop,you are turning your hand into a bluff. Just call

Toni Cogin 11-26-2007 01:09 PM

hes probably playing any overpair/set like this, seems like pretty easy fold given river action, cant see him valuebet worse

thejerkface 11-26-2007 01:11 PM

River is a super easy fold. He is value betting and there is nothing worse that he can really valuebet here.

dagreez 11-26-2007 01:12 PM

you've got a slight edge pf against his range you might wanna push that with a threebet.

i think you just have to sack up and bet/fold the turn. if he c/r's you he's gotta be pretty sick to be bluffing considering you prob. have a solid image. plus if he has TT+ he prob putting in a three bet on the flop. not for sure but probably imo.

on the river he can be bluffing at your weak line. not saying i would def. call here cause id rather bet the turn, i think you pussed out, but i would consider calling more than if a tighter player bet the river after calling a flop raise obv.

pretty tough spot, think i like a turn bet around $130 and it also makes the hand play different.

TheWorstPlayer 11-26-2007 01:12 PM

id flat call the flop or reraise preflop. the call preflop/raise flop line doesnt seem good to me at all. against what range is that better than re-raising preflop?

Laetus 11-26-2007 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id flat call the flop or reraise preflop. the call preflop/raise flop line doesnt seem good to me at all. against what range is that better than re-raising preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree.

Chaser8 11-26-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say I 3bet pre and he calls. Flop comes 752r, do I bet/fold?

Let's say I call pre and call 752r flop, am I calling a turn bet and folding to a river bet? What if JQKA comes on turn and river?